Interview: Katrina;

You should probably know by now that I don't accept suggestions on the interview. If there is a author that you want me to interview, then you can do that here. Thank you for understanding. Of course, there is a list of authors who have already been interviewed, and you can find that here.

This time I interviewed the wonderful Katrina;. She has written stories like Margin of Victory, Deadly, and Sing Me a Summer. All of them are great reads. Of course, I'm just giving a few of her great works. There are more. Go find them and enjoy every last one of them. That's my suggestion.

Instead of me just droning on and on about how good of an author she is, I'm going to give you the interview now. Enjoy!

1. What's the meaning behind your username?
-The meaning behind my username is just me, really. Katrina just happens to be my name.

2. How long have you been on Mibba?
-I've been on Mibba a while now, actually. I'd say around 3-4 years?

3. Have you ever used any other website(s)?
-Before I was on Mibba, I used a site called Wattpad. A lot of people on this site are familiar with it, but I don't use it anymore.

4. When did you start writing? Why?
-I started writing around 11-12ish, I'd say. Even at that age I was reading about one book a week, and eventually I just wanted to start writing about my own characters and make my own ideas come to life. I've deleted the stories that I wrote off here because they were just so horribly written, but it did give me a lot of practice.

5. What are some of your stories and what are they about?
-Currently, I have two active stories. One of which is a sequel called In Summer Skies, which centers around the band Avenged Sevenfold and one of my original characters, Summer Davidson. My other story, the one I tend to be more dedicated to, is called Margin of Victory, which centers around two of my original characters, Parker Evans and Sage Harris. It's fun and witty without being obvious, and it's placed in high school and deals with all the pressure and drama without being completely fake.

6. What's your inspiration for writing?
-My inspiration varies, I'd say. From my environment and experiences, to family and friends, to other authors and books, there's a little bit of everything in there.

7. Do you like writing original fiction more? Or do you like to write fan fiction?
-Most of my stories on here are fanfiction, actually. While I love both reading and writing them, I'm slowly trying to brand out into original fiction. In my opinion, to even be able to see yourself having any sort of future in writing, I feel that eventually you have to stop writing about people who already exist and start writing about your own characters and worlds.

8. What's your favorite fandom to write about?
-My favorite fandom to write about was Avenged Sevenfold, but my music taste is all over the place and if I do continue to write fanfiction, I'd probably branch out into others, even if only for my own reading pleasures.

9. Do you have any rituals when you write? If you listen to music, what do you listen to?
-When I write, I'll sit down with my laptop on my couch, turn off my TV, and plug in my headphones. My music will vary with the scene and/or story that I'm writing at the time, but almost always I'm listening to something.

10. When starting a story, what do you do? Do you use an outline? Or do you just kind of write as you go?
-For the majority of my stories, I have to admit that I'll just get an idea in my head and I'll get to excited that I'll start writing without any idea of what I want to happen. Now I've learned to pace myself and make sure I know what I want to happen in the story, so I've grown to start using outlines. But before I can definitely admit (and I'm sure some of my stories attest to it) that I've just thrown caution to the wind and came up with ideas as a I wrote.

11. What is your favorite genre to write about?
-My favorite genres would have to be drama and romance. I'll have a lot of sub-genres in my stories, but those are the main two.

12. What's your least favorite genre to write about?
-My least favorite genre would have to be science fiction. I hardly, if ever, read those types of books and I wouldn't write about anything that I wouldn't want to read myself.

13. What's your favorite story to read on here?
-My favorite story to read on here.. I haven't been on here in a while, to be honest. But there's two authors that I recommend everyone check out and who I think are just generally wonderful people are Haylie Jaed. and Beautiful Mistakes. And I'm sure there's tons more out there!

14. Which of your stories are the most fun to write?
-My favorite story to write is my story Margin of Victory. There's such witty banter and interesting characters that I have so much fun writing it, and that's what writing is all about.

15. Which of your stories are the hardest to write?
-The hardest story to write right now is In Summer Skies, because I'm trying to find motivation for that story and my writer's block is getting a little harder to overcome, but I'll finish it.

16. Do you ever run into writer's block? What do you do to get over it?
-Writer's block is my worst enemy. I'll admit that I run into it a lot, but I can get over it. By either talking to my friends or listening to good music or reading a novel that'll just inspire me to write again, it's possible to get over it.

17. Is there any authors on here that inspire you to write?
-Yeah, like I said, I think Haylie Jaed is such a good writer that whenever I read something of hers, it'll make me want to try to be a better writer. I'll get better with experience, hopefully.

18. Do you research what you write?
-I do a lot of research. With original fiction it's kind of necessary, and especially with my original story right now I've done a lot of research on different topics.

19. Do you like to experiment with your writing?
-Sure, I'll experiment. I've tried a lot of different styles and I think I'm still trying to figure out what kind of writer I am, so experimenting is key.

20. Are there any authors that inspire you? (novels, books, etc.)
-I think my top 3 authors would have to be John Green, Richelle Mead and Sarah Dessen. I love every single one of their novels and one can only hope to be a fraction as good as they are.

21. What would be your advice to a new author?
-My advice to a new author would just to be to keep doing what you're doing. If you love to write, write. With practice comes experience. Most importantly, I'd say write for yourself before anyone else. You can write for fans and friends but first and foremost, write for yourself.

22. Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers?
-To my readers, if there are still any out there, I love you guys! You guys can literally make my day and are completely, one hundred percent awesome people.

***

It was an honor getting to interview you. Thank so much for taking the time to answer all of my questions. It really means a lot to me.
October 3rd, 2013 at 06:12pm