What Happens When You Steal from Nintendo? They Threaten You [& Some Bragging Regarding Pokemon X]

Warning: Blog contains spoilers about Pokemon X and Y.

Canada, Canada, Canada….
Really, guys?
You people are supposed to be the goody-two shoes who never do anything wrong but now you’re stealing Pokemon X and Y?
For shame.
STOP RUINING THE WORLD’S STEREOTYPICAL IMAGE OF YOU. Go back to living in igloos and fighting polar bears. I'm sorry, I had to.

Ahem. So, if any of you visited a Pokemon forum yesterday, you would notice that the fandom was in a bit of a tizzy. Why? Well, apparently, a few stores in Canada and allegedly Italy decided that they were going to sell Pokemon X and Y 10 days early. The games being sold in Italy have been confirmed to be fake, but the ones in Canada (as far as I know) are very real. Yesterday, there were a number of cellphone pictures posted online and one of the leakers even did a four hour long stream of the beginning of the game. I did not watch the stream (I don't want that kind of spoiler) so I guess I can't confirm it being real, but I'm fairly certain it is real since there were links everywhere.

Now, if you have proof the leaks are fake, feel free to link me. I do not mean you tell me why you think they’re fake or linking me to another posting that says why they think they’re fake. I want real proof they’re fake because all the proof I’ve seen so far says they’re real. Let’s take that four hour stream, how do you explain that as fake? It would take a lot of effort to do and I don’t know why anyone would put so much effort into faking something like that. If it was simple mechanics like Ruby/Sapphire, then I could understand. But X and Y have complicated mechanics. It just doesn’t make any sense why someone would create an entire four hour long fake of X/Y just for the hell of it. Moving on…

The leaks have stopped as Nintendo has already found out. Nintendo found out and came down hard on the leakers in less than 24 hours, pretty nice if you ask me. When Nintendo found out about what was going on, they gave every leaker a cease and desist order. Every person who got the game early and was choosing to leak information online was ordered by Nintendo to stop or else they would face legal action. All of the leakers’ accounts have been wiped clean. The stream was deleted. The videos were deleted. The photos were deleted. Everything from their accounts is gone, although it’s still online. From what I have seen, two of the leakers admitted they had returned the copies to the store to avoid any further trouble with Nintendo.

The game store accused of selling these copies is E.B Games, the Canadian version of Gamestop. It’s funny, isn’t it? Usually it’s the American version of things causing trouble, but this time it was the Canadian version. It's like our world has been flipped upside down. Americans are behaving for once while Canadians are acting out. I'll stop with that now. The store that sold the games (which I’ve been told was in Newfoundland, not sure though) was also given a cease and desist order. They were also ordered to surrender their entire stock of Pokemon X and Y back to Nintendo. If the stores refuse to surrender their stock, Nintendo will take legal action against them. Whether or not Nintendo will return the stock to these stores has yet to be seen. And I mean, why should they? These stores have proven they cannot be trusted with their stock, so why should Nintendo return the games to them before October 12? If they don’t want to, they have every reason and right not to. So if you’re in Newfoundland and this was the store you pre-ordered from, you may be encountering a bit of problems if Nintendo is pissed enough to not return their stock. There were around a total of 30 games sold in Canada before Nintendo put a stop to it.

So in other words, E.B Games may be in for a world of hurt if Nintendo decides it’s going to take legal action for this.

Nintendo has ever right to be this angry. Pokemon X/Y is probably the most anticipated game of 2013 (even more than GTA V). They're not exactly going to be happy that some leakers are ruining their game they've worked so hard on. This is like a slap in the face to Nintendo and Game Freak. They worked so hard on these games and worked even harder to ensure a worldwide release, and then some people do this to them. Please stop ruining our chances for another worldwide release. Thanks.

This is essentially stealing. It was 10 days before release, E.B Games knew damn well that they weren’t allowed to sell the games yet. They did essentially steal the games from Nintendo and the leakers did as well. The people who bought these games knew they weren’t supposed to be out. Yet, instead of doing the right thing and not purchasing the game, they all did it anyway. If Nintendo chooses to sue the leakers, they’ll deserve it. They knowingly stole from Nintendo. There’s no excuse for what the leakers did. It’s common sense not to buy a game if the store is selling it 10 days before its release day.

I have a dislike towards Canada for doing this. Why? BECAUSE IT’S A PAINFUL REMINDER THAT WE STILL HAVE 10 9 DAYS LEFT UNTIL OCTOBER 12. Canada, stop rubbing salt in the wound please. It’s not nice. Go back to being nice people who never do anything wrong.

Now, assuming these leaks are real, let’s talk about the final evolutions for the starters…….

Game Freak, what have you done to Chespin?

I’m sorry but Chesnaught (Chespin’s final evolution) is just horrible. I have been very open minded about the new Pokemon and I love the majority of them (cotton candy Pokemon anyone?) but this…. No. It’s ugly. HOW DID A CUTE CHIPMUNK TURN INTO THAT?! I guess I’m not picking Chespin anymore.

Yes, I am so shallow that I won’t pick a Pokemon if I don’t think it’s good looking in its final stage. So sue me. I want cute or badass looking Pokemon and Chesnaught is neither.

Now, Greninja (Froakie) and Delphox (Fennekin), that’s another story. There has been some concern over how real Greninja is, but for right now we are going to assume that Greninja’s leaks are legit and not fake. Now I don’t like Froakie, I think it’s really ugly actually. But Greninja looks pretty badass, might be considering Froakie now. As for Delphox, I didn’t really like it at first. I think upon first look, I was a bit disappointed because I expected Delphox to be this massively elegant Psychic Fox and well…. Delphox is not massively elegant. It’s sort-of elegant, but nowhere near what I had in mind. I admit I probably had some very high standards for Delphox but you know, I’ve always wanted a Psychic Fox. I fully believe Ninetails should have been part Psychic, so I’m ecstatic to have a real Psychic Fox Pokemon now so I had high standards.

As much as I’m liking look to Greninja, I think I’m going to pick Dolphox (or Fennekin) after all. I think what has sealed the deal is knowing Delphox evolves into a Fire/Psychic type. I love Psychic-types so the chance at starting with a soon-to-be one is very appealing to me. If you’re wondering about the other two, Chesnaught will be Grass/Fighting (Nintendo, you’re a bunch of trolls) and Greninja will be Water/Dark. This means the starters now have a double triangle. Fire is strong to Grass, Grass is strong to Water, and Water is strong to Grass. But look at their secondary typings. Psychic is strong to Fighting, Fighting is strong to Dark, and Dark is strong to Psychic. It’s a double triangle of weakness. Pretty awesome.

So Delphox is most likely going to be my starter. But I will still be choosing Charmander from the Kanto starters. Why is this? Mega Charizard X. That is the only reason I need.

For all of you who laughed at us for choosing the “stupid deer” copy, I want you to watch this video and be jealous….


WHO’S THE ONE GETTING THE DRAGON-TYPE CHARIZARD?

Oh right, the ones who chose the “stupid deer” version. WHAT NOW? I knew I made the right choice when I pre-ordered Pokemon X. I so cannot wait until the Charizard stone is released, I am very looking forward to using the new Fire/Dragon Mega Charizard X in battle. Okay, bragging is done now.

Mega Charizard X is exclusive to Pokemon X which means you cannot get it in Pokemon Y. Likewise, Mega Charizard Y (the first one revealed) is exclusive to Pokemon Y and you cannot get it in Pokemon X. Fine by me though, Mega Charizard X is so much more badass than Mega Charizard Y in every way.

I love Game Freak for this.

After 15 years, we finally got our Dragon-type Charizard. THEY DO LISTEN! I think this is good enough proof that Game Freak and Nintendo are listening to us. Further proof? We can now jump over ledges. We can now sit on benches. We can customize our characters. These are all things the fanbase has been asking to get for years. They’re definitely listening and considering.

Just 9 more days, Mibba.
I’m so excited. I can’t wait to play these games, they’re going to be so amazing.
October 3rd, 2013 at 09:44pm