Need help with my NaNo novel!

So this is my first time doing NaNoWriMo, and I'm like, super excited!!! I don't have a title picked out yet, but I do have the basic plot figured out, as well as several scenes.

But there's something I really need help with in regards to the plot/characters.

The basic plot is that this girl, whose name I have not created yet, begins to get strange text messages, letters, and notes from someone. She doesn't know who they are, and they are everywhere she is, it seems.

Now, I'm not sure what gender the stalker should be. Pretty much every scenario I've come up with can be for either gender, save for some alterations on one or two scenes. One such scene is in regards to her underwear drawer.

If I make the stalker a male, then the scenario for that would be that while she in the shower or whatever, he sneaks into her room, goes through her underwear drawer, then lays a pair out on the dresser with a note on top saying, "These are my favorite."

If I make the stalker a female, then the scenario would be that she would stay at the character's house, and while she was in the shower, she would take a pair of her underwear and wear them.

A scenario that I have in mind that could be altered for either gender would be in regards to dating. I plan on the character going on a date with the stalker.

I just don't know if I want the main character to be straight, bisexual, or a lesbian. I don't know if I want the stalker to be male or female. I'm really stuck here, guys. I have the main characters' personality mostly worked out, along with her appearance, so all I really need to do is work out her sexuality. I'm just so stuck!
October 4th, 2013 at 12:06am