Ouija boards and broken glass

Okay, so for those of you who read my last blog entry, you know I started a new job. Actually I went back to the one I had this time last year. I'm working at amazon in the quality department. Basically I go through the rows and rows of shelves, making sure what should be in them is actually there. Tuesday morning at the end of my shift, I got a bin that had a used ouija board it in. Please understand, I am strongly against these due to past experiences which I'll go into so you understand why.

Image

The first time I used one, I was 13 and had found it in an old box in the garage. It was my dad's old one. Not thinking, or realizing I had no idea how to properly use it, my best friend and I decided to play with it. (These things are NOT toys. Please keep this in mind if you choose to use one.) We sat outside at one of the stone picnic tables my parents had set up, following the directions in the box. It was dark out and we had a few white candles lit. (It's all my parents kept around due to them being sensitive to the paranormal.) We asked a few simple questions, but not the important ones like "Are you good?" or "Do you want to harm us?". After a few minutes the responses started getting rude and insulting calling us names. I accused her of moving the planchette (pointer) to freak me out. She swore up and down she wasn't, and removed her hands. It still moved to spell out vulgar things- such as "Stupid bitch" and "I'll kill you" then started going from Z to A. Freaked out, I took my hands off of it and knocked it to the ground without closing the session. The next morning my dad ripped me a new one, cleansed the house, and kept a close eye for any sign that I'd let something out.

After about 8 months of nothing happening, he decided to teach me how to use it properly. The session went similar to the one I'd done with my friend, but Dad knowing what to do, asked the right questions and asked the thing to leave. When it refused, he closed the session, blew out the candles and put the board away saying we'd try again later. He kept to his word and a little over a week later, we tried again. We had a peaceful session, closed, and told me if I wanted to try again that I knew the basics and it was okay.

My friend and I used it off and on for about 4 years, every once in awhile getting a bad spirit. The last time I used one was around 3 years ago this month. I had a few friends over and being in the Halloween spirit, we decided to break it out. Dad had went further into teaching me to correctly use it, so I thought I could handle the two newbies and my best friend. We had a perfectly balanced board, each of us being from a different element. (I'm a pieces btw. Water. Best friend is a Libra. Air. My ex is a Taurus. Earth. Her now husband is a Leo. Fire) So we got it out and we talked the guys over the rules and got the room ready; lit the room with white candles, cleansed it, and got in a peaceful mind set. We got the board warmed up, and immediately something wasn't right. After a minute of her and I trying to figure out what was going on, my ex busted out laughing. He just wanted to freak me out and wasn't taking it seriously. After we got him to actually participate, we started talking to a pure spirit.

The candles started flickering and the room chilled but the conversation seemed to be with the same spirit, so I thought nothing of it. A few minutes later the conversation started to change gradually. As usual, I was the medium; the only one directly addressing the spirit. The planchette started moving faster and spelling out violent things that usually appeared when I got a bad entity. The guys got freaked out and took their hands off of it. I talked them back into touching it so I could properly close the session before it escalated any further. I asked for it to leave only to have say "No" then spell "I told you, you die." Before we got to say goodbye and kill the connection the candles went out, the glass cup to my left shattered, and I was thrown into the wall by my throat. Upon hearing the noise, my dad rushed into the room, flipping on the lights. He started yelling and I was released. He took the board (I have no idea where it is, though I know he didn't burn it because it's connected to his brother), cleansed the house, and made us all say a prayer. We smudged the house with sage every Saturday since.

I recently moved in with my now fiancee. A little more than 2 months ago now. I smudged the apartment when we moved in, only to find out the smell of sage makes him sick. Naturally and bump or noise I had been attributing the the neighbors, but my fiancee doesn't seem to notice them, or they don't happen when he is around. Since I've not lived in apartments since I was too little to remember, I don't really know what it's like, so I've not let anything freak me out. Just over a month ago I got the permission from the apartment complex to let me have my dog here. He's a Husky/ German Shepard mix, so he's huge and very protective. Since he got here, he doesn't like to be here alone and he follows me everywhere in here. He will even sit outside of the bathroom door and whimper. Not to mention the random barking, but since he is husky, that could just be him talking. So, since I started a new job, my schedule overlaps with my fiancee's and he would be left alone for 6 hours. One of our friends comes and stays with him while we're working, since I thought it was just separation anxiety from me not bringing him as soon as we moved. She said everything is fine and he's not like that when she's here by herself with him. John (my fiancee for those who don't know) has agreed it's only when I'm here. Until I got off Tuesday morning, I figured it really was just that I'd left him before.

After having to handle the ouija at work, things seem to have just gotten worse. It's not just here though. I pulled a muscle in my back at work Wednesday night and got sent home early. On the way out to my car, I tripped over nothing (not too unusual for me) but I sliced open my thigh to the point of needing stitches. My car wouldn't start for a good 20 minutes before turning over randomly. I didn't touch anything and the battery was working fine. I get home only to realize my house keys weren't on my keys. My wallet was in the apartment so the maintenance guy wouldn't let me in. I had luckily tossed my credit card into the center console of my car, so I used to to slip the lock. I broke my card in the process, but I got in. Once in, I got Thor (my dog) settled and let my friend go home. I settled into the couch and put in Anastasia and settled into the couch with the dog. He started barking over my head into the kitchen/ dinning room. I looked and everything was normal. Not long after I quieted him, my crystal candle holders (a birthday gift from my grandmother) fell to the floor and smashed into nothing but shards. (Keep in mind I'd just looked and they were sitting in the middle of the table as usual, not to mention crystal doesn't shatter like that if it's only dropped 3 feet. My sisters have been knocked to the ground countless times and haven't cracked.)

So I got up and started cleaning it up, Thor firmly by my side as usual. I ended up cutting my hand and bleeding everywhere. John came home to find me standing over the sink, a white dish towel now dripping in blood wrapped around my hand, shattered glass on the floor, and the dog flipping out at the laundry room door. (which is located on the other side of our kitchen from the dinning area) So he freaked out, toke me to the hospital, where they stitch my thigh and glue my palm shut. I had my parents come over in the morning, and they said I needed to cleanse they place; that they were uncomfortable.

I was told I would have mandatory overtime Thursday (today, well yesterday but my days are off due to working nights), but when I get there I'm told that I'm not supposed to work and go home where I was left alone yet again. I went in my room to get changed, only to have Thor freaking out and find the front door was wide open. Those of you that have dogs know it's a habit to make sure you close the door completely, so I know it was closed. My computer was also turned on and music playing.

Either I'm just having horrible luck and losing my mind, or it has something to do with the ouija board. Does anyone have any advice? I'm being serious about all of this and I'm starting to worry. Can just touching a ouija board reactivate a session that wasn't closed? Everyone I've talked to doesn't actually know. Anyone else ever experienced this kind of stuff? Am I just going crazy?

~<3 Syndi
October 4th, 2013 at 05:17pm