Update on my little princess.

Wow, it seems like yesterday I just went into have an emergency c-section. She's over five weeks old now and doing amazingly. She is still in the NICU, but the doctor said she should be able to come home in a couple of weeks.

My milk supply went down to barely anything (I tried everything that I could think of and the lactation consultant could-oatmeal all the time, prenatal vitamin, those supplements, the tea...but no) so she is on formula. She's taking bottles pretty well. They want her to take 36 (CCs? ml? not sure) and she usually does pretty good taking about 25 or 30 but those last ones are a struggle. She likes to take lots of breaks and burp.

She is down to 1 liter of O2, but she needs to get pumped up a little when she eats. Once she gets off the O2 and stops having alarms, she'll be good to come home! I'm so excited to get her home. Her room is all ready-minus a diaper genie and humidifier.

If anyone has to have their baby early, do not worry too much. The NICU is amazing. Olivia was born at 1 lb 5 oz and is now up to 4 pounds 9 oz.

And here are some pictures of my gorgeous little girl:

Image

She's finally in a big girl bed! She's all swaddled and sleeping well.

Image

All safe being held by Daddy.

Image

Grandma is holding her, constantly putting flowered headbands on her.

Hope you all are having a great Friday!
October 4th, 2013 at 09:07pm