Oh, my glob! I can't stand non-writers sometimes!

I got the plot done for my Nanowrimo novel tonight, but I'm very surprised that I did, considering all that went on tonight.

My boyfriend came back to the house at around five, and went to sleep for a few hours, so I was able to get some of my plot done. However, at around seven, he decided to tell that we were invited to a friend's house tonight.

Great, now I have to use up the rest of my writing time to get ready, because I look like death warmed over.

I decide to bring my notebook anyway. I'm not going to turn down seeing friends, just because my writing was interrupted, but I wanted to try to work through the slow moments of the evening anyways.

Everything was fine, until someone put on "Pirates of the Caribbean" and managed to rope me into a drinking game, using straight Captain Morgan Spiced Rum.

I agreed to the drinking game, but there's something you need to know: I only drank twice in my life, and I was served fruity drinks like diluted margaritas and wine coolers both times. Needless to say, I was out of the game after the first shot. Back to my story.

Later on in the night, I ask my boyfriend to help me with some plot holes and to choose from the multiple endings I have in mind. He instead of helping me, he uses the two most talkative people in the room as his scapegoat. They were creative, but wouldn't stop talking long enough for me to have the opportunity to ask them the questions I needed to ask.

By the end of the night, I was less-than-happy with the way my writing time went, but I was thankful that I did that instead of participating further in the drinking game, and vomiting like one of the girls at the house did.

P.S. In Wyoming, underage drinking is legal, just as long as you're on private property, and there is someone at least twenty-one supervising. Tonight, there was.
October 6th, 2013 at 12:50pm