Intervew: Sp00kyMama

I know this may become annoying, but it's a constant reminder. I don't accept suggestions on this post. If there is an author you want me to interview, please go suggest them here. Thank you for understanding it. There is a list of authors who have already been interviewed, and you can find that here.

I got to interview the lovely Sp00kyMama. She happens to write a lot of fan fiction, mainly Motionless in White. Some of her stories are Hatefuck, Synthetic Love, and Black Damask. These three stories are a few of my favorites written by her. She is simply talented when it comes to her stories. In other words, go check her stories out.

Okay, I'll stop dragging the introduction out and get to the interview. Here you go. Enjoy!

1. What's the meaning behind your username?
-The meaning behind my username comes from the fact that I love all things spooky/horror related and I'm a new mother to a beautiful baby boy. Plus I'm also pretty spooky myself c:

2. How long have you been on Mibba?
-Under this username, about a year I believe. I was here a couple years ago under a different username but I stopped coming on and then when I did Mibba had changed completely but I still joined again.

3. Have you ever used any other website(s)?
-Yes. Quizilla and Wattpad.

4. When did you start writing? Why?
-I started writing at age 11. First it was just screenplays and little things like that. I've always been interested in writing and since its the only creative gene I seem to have, I figured I would try to pursue it. It also relaxes me when I'm frustrated.

5. What are some of your stories and what are they about?
-All of my stories are about the band Motionless In White and they're all pretty much vampire or demon related.

6. What's your inspiration for writing?
-Music inspires me more then anything. I usually get a lot of my ideas while listening to certain songs or I'll kind of put my own personal experiences in my life into the lives of the female characters in my stories.

7. Do you like writing original fiction more? Or do you like to write fan fiction?
-Fan fiction. I have written some original fiction before but never posted any because I fear being judged and don't want that to happen. Which is kind of silly because you'd think I'd be worried about being judged for my fan fiction haha.

8. What's your favorite fandom to write about?
-Motionless In White.

9. Do you have any rituals when you write? If you listen to music, what do you listen to?
-I listen to music. Motionless In White, Bayside, Attila, A7X, In This Moment, Otep, New Year's Day, or just random songs on Youtube.

10. When starting a story, what do you do? Do you use an outline? Or do you just kind of write as you go?
-I usually write as I go. Most, if not all, of my chapters in my solos and co-writes are made up as I write. There is a little planning made but not much.

11. What is your favorite genre to write about?
-Horror themes I suppose.

12. What's your least favorite genre to write about?
-Teen/high school.

13. What's your favorite story to read on here?
-I don't really read other people's stories so I don't really have a favorite haha.

14. Which of your stories are the most fun to write?
-I would have to say The Divine Infection and my newest one, Without You, I'm Hopeless, even though it's not getting as much recognition as I hoped for but I don't have time to write as much anymore as I did before.

15. Which of your stories are the hardest to write?
-Probably all of them. They're all hard in their own way, especially co-writes. I have to make sure I write something good enough so my co-author will have enough to work with.

16. Do you ever run into writer's block? What do you do to get over it?
-Yes, a lot. I just re-read the story from the beginning again, until I'm able to come up with something. Usually it takes a few days for it to happen but when it does, I'm usually really proud of it.

17. Is there any authors on here that inspire you to write?
-A few. Deadly night shade. is one of them. One of her stories was the first one I read before I decided to join Mibba again. She's just so talented and the way she writes is just amazing. JaxGreen and AshleyJinxxBiersack are two others, along with steph goes rawr.

18. Do you research what you write?
-Not all the time. If I'm writing about demons, I usually ask JaxGreen, since she's the demon expert haha, or I'll try to look it up and if I can't find something I'll just go to her haha.

19. Do you like to experiment with your writing?
-I really haven't but maybe I should. I just don't know how I could really "experiment" with them.

20. Are there any authors that inspire you? (novels, books, etc.)
-Stephen King and Anne Rice. Mostly Stephen King, I've always been a fan of his books and R.L. Stine, but that's kind of childish lol but I just love Goosebumps haha.

21. What would be your advice to a new author?
-Never give up. If writing is something you love to do, continue it. Even if you don't get the feedback you were hoping for, just continue writing for yourself. That should be the thing; write for yourself, not for others, even though it feels good to have feedback from others, it's not the most important thing.

22. Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers?
-I love all of you. Thank you so much for all the feedback on all of my stories, solos and co-writes, and all the support you guys have given me on my blogs, especially the ones where I bitch about my baby daddy drama. Not just the readers but anyone who has commented on anything of mine, profile/blog/picture etc. You guys are awesome and I really love each and every one of you. Also, one more thing, if you guys don't mind giving me more feedback for Without You, I'm Hopeless. I really want to continue it but I feel like it's not getting as much recognition as I had hoped for so dropping a constructive comment would be quite alright.

***

I'm sure I have thanked you a million times, but it really does mean a lot to me that you took the time to answer all my questions. Thank you again.
October 7th, 2013 at 05:32pm