A Normal Day

It's a day like any other, but something stands out. Amongst this sea of faded clouds I see a light in the distance, a green light. Like the clever novel it writes, a light that brings me back day after day. I stand atop my perch waiting every day, watching at that light, and knowing what it brings.

For what lies beyond the bay beckons me everyday. It calls for me in the night, and is so close yet so far.

My Daisy she visits often, and I visit her, but the under the guise of ambiguity and secrecy. I couldn't show my true face around them, how could I? I don't belong there, I don't fit in. I live a life of false accomplishments, and cheated establishments. My merit? It's nothing like the tales that I spin in my conversations. A gentleman? Hardly. What have I achieved, in my honest work, nothing. I don't know what she sees in me. We've been through so much in separate times, but she still sees so much in me.

Soon we'll be reunited again, but after so much work. I'll swim across if I must, just to be reunited again, my flower, she blossoms in my touch. For why, I'll never be able to tell, but for now, I take the form of another to hide my true being.

My motive? The truest love I've ever felt.

Thank you.
October 7th, 2013 at 08:58pm