My brother's having his first surgery tomorrow (today)

He was at a bar on Saturday, and he was jumped by some cowards. They broke every bone in his face, so now he needs reconstructive surgery. He goes tomorrow (today, really) for the first one. The surgeon's going to work on his upper jaw/cheekbone area and see what can be fixed. My brother has been unconscious since it happened, so he has no idea what's going on. They may have to do a temporary tracheotomy. But that's questionable right now, I think.

So I'm supposed to be in bed, resting up so I can go with my grandparents to see him off to his surgery at the buttcrack of dawn.

It's not really that early, I'm just exaggerating.

But still, I'm not tired at all. I ended up sleeping all day, so I'm all awake and whatnot. I'm also slightly hungry.

Anyway, yeah. My brother's in SICU, which is the surgical ICU. We're not sure when he's going to be able to talk again, or when he'll be in a normal room. Hopefully it's soon.

Maybe since I can't sleep, I can work on my NaNo novel. I have research I need to do, but it's very...questionable, and I'm worried they'll be flagged as suspicious or something, lol. Idk. Is that even possible? I heard it was. I think a cop told one of my classes that in high school once.

Anywho, I'm out.
October 10th, 2013 at 07:12am