My Interview With ''lady_enigma'' and ''maesaydance''

Hello everyone. ::mrgreen:

Today's first interview is with the lovely mibbian lady_enigma. She writes mostly fanfiction but original as well. My favorite finished stories by her are Believers Never Die which a fanfic chaptered story and Moving Pictures which is an original fiction oneshot.

And with that, we reached question time. ::coffee:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

Rae Hunt. Anyone who has my email address however will see a different name, this is because it is legally being changed to Rae. I am no longer that other girl.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

I have been on Mibba since either December or January.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

am not. I used to, but I am not now, no.

04. Since when have you been writing?

I've been writing since I can remember.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

Well, I suppose the only way I can answer this is, they're all my imagimation. I have so many things thar come flying into my head, my imagination never rests.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

A mixture of things. Like I said, my imagination is constantly on the go, I get an idea, I write which is why I have so many stories on the go. It only takes one thing, like for Deadliest weapons, I'm extremely good at prop bets, and I am fascinated by the real hustle, then suddenly my mind just went into overdrive and out came DW. It's pretty much the same for all of them, one tiny thing and i see a whole story so write. There are also little bits of me in every one of them.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

I love Ella and Patrick in DW, they're a kick ass couple who even in dyer situations, still do what they do best and get away with it. And I love the two characters in The Puppeteer, I don't know why but I adore them.

08. Do you do research before writing?

Research is essential. You need to know and be confident with your setting, your characters, the areas they live in, their jobs, everything. Countless times I've trawled through street view just so I can see what the area is like. Also if I'm desvribing a house, I won't just make one up, I look up houses for sale in that area so I can get a feel for the style of the houses in that area. I always strive to be as accurate as possible. Also I'm a history freak so I love doing my research.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

birds ate my face. I am working with her on a story called timeline which is out of the box for both of us. She writes straight up romances, that I have tried but feel too uncomfortable to write. She has a story about a girl with amnesia which she is writing well, and she has a story which centres on a romance built around a boxing ring. which really stands out for me. I also like ToxicMayson's work. It's not as intricate or detailed and such as others' work, but Mayson is still very young and has great potential. She has some great ideas and I genuinely love reading her updates as yoy can actually see her progression in her updates. I give her a couple more years and she'll be well and truly blowing everyones minds.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

I do yes, but I feel too uncomfortable to. I try to, and I get frustrated, so I stop. But in saying that, my original works are all one shots, theyre short stories in which I do feel abke to write things I normally wouldn't. I only have two posted, but more are on their way as I have note books full of them.

11. What's the story you're most proud of?

I cannot pinpoint just one. Actually the one I am most proud of I tore out of my notebook and gave to a friend today. It was called Shelters. I'm going to write it again as best I can so I can put it on here. It's based in WW2, I was sat outside the old picadilly station in London, which was very famously used as an air raid shelter in the war, as were many other underground stations. It is about a nine year old boy whose dad goes off to fight, one night the sirens sound, he and his mother make it to shelter but his sister doesn't. When they emerge, the girl is gone as is their house. The mother and son move to the country then, thankful that they have each other and nothing else matters.

12. How often do you update?

I update as often as I can. Whenever I have spare time I am usually writing so as soon as I get a chapter done I post it. Although I do all my posting from phone so there may be a fair few spelling and grammar errors.

13. Any words for your readers?

Thanks for reading, please do let me know what you think of my work.

14. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

Victor Hugo. Notre Dame De Paris (Hunchback of Notre Dame) is my favourite story of all time. It's been romanticized in movies and such, but it speaks greatly to me. Also, the Disney movie adaptation features an opera Hugo himself wrote to go with his original novel.

-Thank you for this and sorry for taking so long. I'm just not good with interviews, I think. ^-^
-Thank you so much for your time lady_enigma. It was fun interviewing you and learning things about you.

__________________________________________

Moving to the next one in line, we have in our company maesaydance. Joyce writes mostly original fiction and my favourite story by her has to be Dar. <3

Starting with the questions:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

My name is Joyce, middle name Arlene. I would share my last name, but there are a lot of crazies online!

02. How long have you been on mibba?

I’ve been on Mibba since I was 14, and I’m twenty now. It’s definitely been a while.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

Nope. I started out on Quizilla and I’m not sure if I deleted that account, but Mibba is my primary site.

04. Since when have you been writing?

I don’t know. I think it was a silly story about a girl named Evan who worked in a restaurant and fell for her coworker named Logan. I think that I posted that when I was thirteen or so. And ever since then, I've just kept going!

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories?

I have so many, it would take forever, but I guess I will choose a few to start off with.

Tennessee was written when I was 15 and I finished it on my 16th birthday. It definitely holds a special place in my heart. Sometimes I look back on it and cringe because there are so many errors and stuff, but I was in love with it and have sought to find that same adoration for the rest of my writing. Tennessee is about a girl who deals with the loss of her boyfriend, Ben, and turns to drugs and all around bad decisions. Then she gets better, but he comes back and shit goes down.

Glitter Babies is about Fin Preston and Willow Diaz. Fin is the son of a movie star and is basically a douche bag, but he falls in love with Willow who is blind and doesn’t really stand for his bullshit.

Cheated Hearts is about Keaton Miller and Harper Summers. Keaton has just graduated from university and doesn’t like where he’s at in life. When he meets Harp, he feels like she will change his life –and she does, just not in the nicest way.

Pearl is about a girl named Pearl Wilson who lives in a small town in Tennessee during the late 1950s. She witnesses the death of Owen Weaver’s mother and things get tricky when she actually starts of like him. She deals with her admiration for Owen, a boxer, and also her revulsion for him (for reasons explained in the first chapter). Throw in another dude named Jake Merlotta and an unwanted pregnancy, and there we go, that’s Pearl. It’s probably my most epic story so far, just because it went to weird places and I like to do that.

Silver Springs is about a chaotic break up between Mamie Doyle and Gunnar Lewis. And it’s really hard to write sometimes.

Eli Krauss, finally, is about a man named Eli. His wife has died and he opens a bar because that’s what she wanted to do when she was alive. He meets Fiona Hardwicke and has to deal with his own issues as well as Fiona’s issues (like her ex-boyfriend who is also her roommate).

06. What inspired you to write each story?

I don’t really know. It’s hard to pinpoint an exact source of inspiration for each one. I mean, I distinctly remember being in London and seeing a guy who looked like he would sell you Bibles, with slicked back hair and a suit and tie, but he had beautiful old school tattoos covering his arms. He inspired Ben Sydney and Tennessee blossomed from there.

But the rest of my stories are basically creations stemming from the themes I like to play around with. The primary theme used in most of my writings is definitely infidelity. I am fascinated by it. Can a person cheat and still be a good person? Is that character even likeable? I just like that idea a lot because when you write from one person’s perspective, you definitely grow a special attachment to them, and then to see them monumentally fuck up is fun –and even more fun to write.

I also like writing from the male point of view. I think it expands my horizons because I have to adapt my voice to a different gender.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

I know this is pretty random, but Chloe from Cheated Hearts is the most unexpected love of my life, really. I’d meant to make her a very minor character, but the more I thought about her, I realized that she was perfect for Keaton Miller. I don’t know, what happened with her is very rare, so I just adore Chloe Doré.

08. Do you do research before writing?

Definitely, most of the research is actually done on shit I already know. Getting things wrong is definitely a really scary thing for me.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

Definitely Carolyn or break.my.bones. She is just the absolute best and all of her stories are so perfect and beautiful, I love everything she does.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

I do. I like to fuck things up. I know it’s pretty awful to say, but I just love seeing how far you can go with a character and still have people love him or her. People are complex and not everyone is good or bad, so where do you draw the line?

11. How often do you update?

Not as much as I should. I am smack dab in the middle of college so things get hectic, but I try to do monthly updates on at least one story. But my readers know I can really suck about updates most of the time. SORRY, seriously from the bottom of my heart.

12. What's the story you are most proud of?

You guys are so awesome. Mibba is an awesome place because of the nice people that are on it. Ya’ll have been encouraging and lovely and are the best people on the whole internet.

13. Any words for your readers?

J.K. Rowling, Diane Setterfield, John Steinbeck.

And with that, our interviews came to an end.

Till next time,
~Marian.
October 11th, 2013 at 10:46am