For being nineteen, I want to be a mother and a housewife unusually bad.

Since we've been together for quite some time now. My boyfriend and I have been discussing plans for the future.

I don't like taking anything too quickly, considering I'm pretty introverted, and get overwhelmed very easy when such things happen. Still, it helps to make a plan before then.

We both agreed that, if circumstances favor us, that when we are settled down and decide to have children, that I should be the one to stay home and raise the little babies while he goes off and works.

Before you jump to any conclusions, I am a feminist. Feminism is about choice, and I chose that, with the way I feel about everything now, I want to raise children in the kind of happy, stable environment my own mother could never give me. He didn't decide this plan for me. In fact, I was the one that suggested it to him, and he agreed to it. he said he wanted a family too, and someone to take care of.

I simply love children. I loved kids, even as far back as when I was a small child myself (though, I usually just ogled at babies.)

I used to think about a career, but my desire for a family was stronger.

I might change my mind in a few years. I'm in no rush to even get married. It still doesn't stop me from looking at babies and children, and wanting one of my own.
October 11th, 2013 at 03:20pm