About 'Ever the Survivor'

I originally had this as an info page in the story but I had to take it out due to Mibba's 'Rules' smh..how about you fix the editing options instead? Anyway, so it is here instead!

I've had some fanfics up on other sites but decided to post this on here. This is going to start from the beginning/before The Walking Dead and be an ongoing story, leading up to where ever the season may be, from my character Kat's side. I have some of the story written down and a lot of it in my head so it will be a slow but sure thing :)

For those that may be new to the world of FanFic, keep in mind that I will venture off on my own, have my own ideas and include things that didn't happen, so they will all be thrown into one. Some things that have happened may either happen differently in my story, or not happen at all. As for parts I take from the amazing show and graphic novel we've come to love, I may not include all the details since we can recap in our minds what happened on the screen, but some scenes I may include just for the sake of the story or because I change them a little. Also tid bits from The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct game may make an appearance.

It will also have elements of Resident Evil thrown in because, well, I love me some Resident Evil, and that's what most of my other fics were.

For starters, I will give a background of my character I created, Kat. She will have known Daryl from before the outbreak that started all this, so they form a bond that grows at the end of the world. She grew up with 5 brothers so was raised to be tough. She's smart and skilled which is why she quickly rose through the ranks at her job. She loves the outdoors. When she was younger her uncle would take her camping, hunting and fishing. Teaching her the ropes of living off the land. Which came in handy with her training when she was forced to survive two weeks on her own before the agency took her on. To show she was capable of keeping herself alive in the wilderness for a period of time if there was ever a need. She isn't close with her parents, nor are her brothers, who live with their aunt and uncle in Ellijay, Georgia. She works for the same branch of the government as Leon Kennedy, the DSO.

The Division of Security Operations was an anti-bio-terrorism organization under the jurisdiction of the United States federal government. Her title was an assassin, for lack of a better word. When she wasn't on assignments with Leon, she would be given orders to take out Umbrella's staff or other important individuals in terrorist groups that had plans on Global, Viral threats.

When they need things taken care of quickly and quietly, she's who they call. She's good at getting in and out of places unnoticed and getting what she's sent for, done, by any means. She was Leon Kennedy's partner during the time of the Las Plagas virus and the viruses that came after, so she is familiar with the other characters from the RE world as well.

Her twin brother Scotty works with the BSAA so he is close with Chris, and they will in time make an appearance. The beginning of this will be set after the CGI Movie Resident Evil: Damnation for those that are familiar with it, and RE6 the game, for the most part, didn't happen. This outbreak will basically take the place of that. But may eventually include characters from there as well.

In this story, the world remained oblivious to what happened each time. It was kept more under-wraps and out of the public eye as much as possible than what the games hinted at. She also knows Rick from working with him very briefly when she and Leon were sent to Kings County, Georgia to follow up on information they were privy too. Like I said, it will start out before this outbreak, and ease into it. So it may seem like a Resident Evil FanFic in the first chapter or so, but don't worry. Daryl and the Walking Dead world are coming ;)
October 11th, 2013 at 06:29pm