My Interview With ''Deadly night shade.'' and ''Kentin.''

Hello everyone. ::mrgreen:

You're lucky because that's the second post for the day. I have two more interviews for all of you. Truth be told, I have a bunch stored up in my inbox waiting to be posted. ::tehe: So, let's find more about the lovely Deadly night shade.. She writes fanfics and most of them are featuring Motionless in White. My favorite story by her has to be Gray Skies and Clear Nights and its sequels.

I'm sure you all know the drill by now, so I'm gonna start listing her interesting blog entries. ::tehe:
Discourage to Encourage? I Don't Think So!
Teachers Do Lie
There's A Thin Line Between Opinion and Disrespect.
I'm Against Bandcest. (But I'm not a Homophobe.)

And with that, we reached question time. ::coffee:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

Corinne Kochan.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

About two or three years.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

Nope, exclusively on Mibba.

04. Since when have you been writing?

Since I was thirteen so I would say about five years now.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

My Gray Skies and Clear Nights series is my most beloved series and is about a senior who falls in love with an incubus and becomes his counterpart and then it follows through their struggles as a couple and of course there is Expellere Malum.

Haunt My Heart is my Ricky Horror story, and it's about a couple who doesn't exactly see eye to eye, one has a drinking problem and the other isn't exactly compassionate.

Mysterious Blood is my Devin Sola story and its about a girl who ends up loving a crusnik (Ghost) but it takes a long time for her to get there.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

A lot of the bands music and music videos and not because of their plot lines but because of how they have each band member dressed. I run with what they look like and then an idea pops in to my head, it seems odd I know but it works for me.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

That's a hard one, but I really love my character Amery from the Gray Skies series because she's tough, and she's kind and very moral. She's basically very human and I think it gives great balance in her relationship.

08. Do you do research before writing?

Of course, I always want there to be some truth to the myths in my stories. And I love reading mythology anyway so I always enjoy doing my research.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

fractured.wings and CharmedLuna, their work and stories are amazing. I've always enjoyed their plots and the characters they built. They are very well rounded authors, very talented.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

I like to experiment with things I dont normally feel comfortable with writing, such as smut and sometimes gore. But normally i don't leave my genre of romance.

11. What's the hardest story you've ever wrote?

Probably one of my pop stories, because I'm researching as I go. I'm a metal head, so it's a bit intimidating writing out of my comfort zone.

12. What does writing mean to you?

Writing means a lot, it's the one place where I can escape, where I can make anything I want to happen and I love it. If I could live In one of my stories I'd dive head in.

13. About what was the first story you ever wrote? Could you tell us a little bit more about it?

It was about Mikey Way, I vaguely remember the plot but I do remember that it was sincerely cheesy.

14. What's the story you're most proud of?

I'm proud of all my stories, but the big one is definitely Gray Skies and Clear Nights. It was my first story, where I felt like I knew what I was doing.

15. What is your biggest writing weakness?

Description, I definitely love the aspect of being able to paint the reader a mental picture, and sometimes I feel like there isn't any detail. It's something I'm always striving to fix.

16. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

Definitely a writer, but I read too.

17. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

Mostly, I enjoy all types as long as there is a good plot.

18. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

I have no preference I read both frequently.

19. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

No, only because I know myself, and I would rather be safe than get reported for not meeting that ratings requirements or restrictions.

20. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

Romance.

21. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

Romance, drama, thriller, and NC-17 and R, I don't like the sugar coating the lower ratings have. I enjoy the rough, and raw writing, that has no restrictions.

22. Is there a certain place you like to be when you write? Something you have to do in order to concentreate on writing?

Fuck yes! I have to be by myself with my computer, the lights off, and my 'nighttime' playlist going, which is like, Pearl Jam, Radiohead, Coldplay, THe Fray, etc...

23. In which of the characters you created, do you see yourself? (If there is a character like that)

I think there's a bit of me in all of them, but I'm more like my character Amery, from Gray Skies series, only because, I'm not a pushover and I do what I think is right...and I have her temper.

24. When you have writer's block, what do you do to get back to writing?

I look through pictures of the band or listen to their music, and if they fail I just let it ride until I'm ready again.

25. If you were a character in a novel, how do you think you would be? Is there a character of a published novel which could be you?

I know I wouldn't be some dramatic person, or overly emotional, I think I'd definitely be rational. I know for certain I wouldn't be like the girl in the horror stories who follows the noise or goes outside.

26. Which is your favorite character from a published novel?

Honestly? I don't really have one, it's just too hard to decide.

27. How often do you update?

It depends on if I'm inspired. If there's no inspiration there's no update, which unfortunately is why some of my stories go without an update for three months.

28. Any words for your readers?

Stay in school, nah I'm just kidding. I really love you guys and you're all so supportive and I appreciate every single one of you. It really keeps me humble to see allow your feedback.

29. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

Cassandra Clare, I love The Mortal Instruments series.
Christine Feehan, she writes amazing paranormal romance.
Every one should check them out.

-Thank you for choosing me. ^-^
-I just had to. <3

The second interview for the day is with the lovely, story editor Kentin. She's a fanfiction chick mostly but she writes original fics as well. If you are into Twilight and especially Jacob Black, then you have to read her chaptered stories featuring him. She also writes pretty good poems, I recommend Secret Admirer.

You can also check her reviews here. The one I was interested in was Tomb Raider. Gosh, I love that game. ::inlove: I also did a little digging on her blog entries and this is what I found which captured my interest. ::cute:
AN AMERICAN VERSION OF BOYS OVER FLOWERS?!!?!?! WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?!?!?!?: Truth be told, I have only read the manga series which I totally loved. Before seeing the american version, I'd love to see the original one first.
World Suicide Prevention Day Is Tomorrow. Show Some Love, Mibba!

And with that, we reached question time. ::coffee:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

Of course! Haha, it's Emmalee Nicole Trillo. (This will all change as soon as the celebrity I've been stalking and pretend dating infatuated with realizes my existence. Then my last name will be different!) ::tehe:

02. How long have you been on mibba?

That's a good question. I believe I joined the site in either June or July of 2010. So I've been with Mibba for a little more than three lovely years!

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

Yup. I have a lot of the writings I started off with (when I was a tween) on Quizilla under multiple accounts. I don't post there anymore as I find it a bit of a hassle, though. I also post some things on FanFiction.net and recently started a Wattpad account (though I don't get on either very much because they're not my preferred writing site. Hail to Mibba! ::hail: )

04. Since when have you been writing?

I've been writing for about seven years now. I started when I was a 12-year-old in seventh grade and now I'm 19 and in college!

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

Well, I have a lot of stories posted on here, so that could take a while. I'll just give you some brief summaries of the ones I really like. ::tehe:

She Will Be Loved is a Twilight fan fiction about Jacob Black. (I know many aren't fans of Meyer's books, but I just find a shirtless Taylor Lautner too tempting to not write about!) It's about Quinn Hurley-Cullen, the last adopted into the Cullen coven, dealing with teenage issues like bad grades and high school bullying. She's also really trying to live up to her family's "perfect" image as she's not a vampire. Because of her bad grades, a tutor from a new program the school is a part of is assigned to her and it's no one else except Jacob! Now he's helping her, his imprint, in every way that he can. I've also just launched this story's sequel, Never Truly Loved, which picks up where the last one left off, except now there's more danger in the world around her.

Next is The Glory Days, a Captain America/Steven Rogers fan fiction. This one's definitely a favorite of mine even though not many people read it on here. It's about Bridget Spencer, your average girl living during the Second World War, who is one of the Captain's dancers in his troupe to sell the Defense E war bonds. The two have a past together, knowing each other from elementary, and a cab ride home together is all it takes to reignite the sparks between the two. They have a fast-paced romance, but soon the war takes Steven away again to perform his duties. Complications arise for Bridget later on and Steven never comes home, leaving a lot unresolved. This story's sequel, Living for Now, has also just started, too. It's about Bridget and Steve overcoming obstacles in the new, technological world around them as a new threat to the world appears -- Loki. (Is it just me, or does that not seem like much of a threat? ::tehe: )

Iron Will is another fan fiction set in the Marvel Universe. Peyton Salvatorrelli is a student studying journalism with the hopes of becoming a writer for an esteemed newspaper. One morning, an opportunity presents itself in the form of a nomination to partake in a competition other universities are a part of. Each nominee must write up an article on an influential person, and if their article is selected as the winner, the writer will earn a job with the Los Angeles Times and the article will be featured in the paper. Peyton's professor nominates her and soon it's revealed who she'll be writing about -- Tony Stark. Now she's living with him to gather information and to shadow him for the article as he goes about his daily routines. With both Peyton and Tony butting heads, it's one romance neither saw coming.

Last is Unlovable, a Harry Potter fan fiction. It features Variel Helling, an apathetic Slytherin who was conceived by way of a love potion, leaving her unable to truly love. After a run-in with the Chosen One, fate slowly but surely brings them together in strange ways, giving both Harry and Variel a relationship that neither could see coming from a mile away.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

For She Will Be Loved, I had been planning it for a while. One day about a year or two ago, I was simply listening to the song and being entranced by Adam's voice when I thought about Jacob and Edward. I thought that Edward could be a really overprotective brother and Jacob could be the one trying to love her while dealing with Edward's attitude toward him. I just kept imagining dark, rainy clouds, and slowly, piece by piece it all came together as such! Then since She Will Be Loved focused more on emotional turmoil, I figured that the readers never got to see much action so I decided to incorporate more danger into the sequel!

For The Glory Days, I really don't know! I guess that the idiom itself and thinking about a story set in a different era just sort of intrigued me! It really made everything so new and a real treat to write about. I always knew I was going to write Living for Now because I hate sad endings. I felt I really needed to give Bridget and Steve a good way to end things and how else to do that by incorporating all the Avengers?

For Iron Will, I don't know about this one either. The thought just sort of came to me one day while I was writing for another story. I did a bit of planning and then I ended up with the idea!

With Unlovable, I kept thinking about Voldemort. I just found it so sad that because he was conceived the same way, he never really loved someone. I couldn't help but think that he couldn't have been the only one who was given life because of a love potion and thought it might be interesting to see how it would all pan out for someone else, especially a girl. It just made me want to give her someone to love!

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

I think I really fell in love with writing both Peyton and Variel. They're much different than the characters I usually write about because Peyton's pretty spunky and isn't afraid to tell you like it is and Variel's just kind of got a "I really don't care" attitude about everything and everyone. They've made writing both stories fun and sometimes incredibly hard unforgettable!

08. Do you do research before writing?

I really do try to. I like for everything to seem as authentic as possible, though sometimes my laziness gets in the way and I let some things slide. ::facepalm: I'll sometimes look up real places for characters to go vacationing, I'll go to Google Maps to see how long a certain drive will take, I'll go read a few chapters from a book or watch part of a movie as many times as I need to to get my facts straight. When I want to, I can be scarily thorough. ::shifty: Google is my best friend when it comes to this. ::tehe:

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

This probably gets said a lot, but there are so many talented writers on Mibba! If I began to name them all (and believe me, I would love to), the list would go on for ages! Personally, though, I believe Overflowing Ashtray is an inspiration. She is so good at writing it's unbelievable and I want more than nothing for my stories to be as half as good as hers! Her work writing any story in phenomenal and she makes the characters so relatable it's... it's... (in her own words) RAD.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

It's definitely one of those things I feel uncomfortable with and unsure of. However, I do find it to be interesting. I started writing a zombie apocalypse story a few months ago called In Death, They Rise, but after the third chapter I wasn't sure if I was doing so well with it so I put it on hiatus. Overall though, I think it's a good idea to experiment and try new things with your writing. It's a good learning experience!

11. What's the story you're most proud of?

This is a hard one. Hmm... I think, if I had to choose, I'd say The Glory Days because I really let my inner romantic out in it and did my best describing situations and feelings. I find feelings are pretty hard to convey and are the most important thing in any story. As an author I want to do my best to share the characters' feelings with the readers and make them experience them.

12. What is your biggest writing weakness?

Hmm, I'd have to say (unfortunately) plot holes and the fact that I experience lack of inspiration and writer's block much too often.

13. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

This one really depends! Some days I'm just lazy and would like to read a good chapter of a new fiction, but then there are others where I'm just so pumped up for what's going to be happening in my stories that I can't help but write! As of late though, I think I've been more of a writer as many people I'm subscribed to haven't been updating as much, which is just not the business.

14. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

I try to, though I definitely swing more towards fan fiction most of the time. Mibbians have a lot of creativity and I think a lot of the original fiction on here could use with some publishing. It's amazing that one of our own hasn't been published yet, though I think it's just a matter of time now!

15. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

Like I said, I definitely go more for fan fiction than I do original fiction. ::tehe: I love being able to read about my favorite band, heroes, characters in different situations. It's an addiction, really.

16. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

This would be romance. I'm a huge hopeless romantic on the inside and I think that may show through some of my stories. However, even though it's the genre I'm most comfortable with doesn't mean I'm completely comfortable with it (if that makes any sense). I've never had a boyfriend or any real "experience" with anyone so I always feel that my writing is probably lacking and I'm always kind of self-conscious about my more lovey-dovey stories.

17. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

I'm definitely all about the NC-17 stories because I'm a massive pervert and usually those stories tend to bring in the smut. ::lmfao: Really though, I'll read a story with any rating as long as it's got a good plot, ya know?

18. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

I try to, but my vocabulary is awful and I swear worse than a sailor so my stories tend to rate higher than most because of that. Not to mention I do write the occasional smutty chapter here and there. ::tehe: It's not to say that I don't write lower rated chapters, but it's definitely been a while. Maybe I should consider doing that...? We shall see!

19. How often do you update?

Oooh *winces*. I try to be on top of my stories, but with school, personal schedules, and my duties as part of staff, I definitely find that time and inspiration to write can sometimes escape me. ::shifty: Lately, I've been relatively good about my updating. The last time I did was about a week ago for Never Truly Loved. Right now it's that story and Living for Now that I'm concentrating on.

20. Any words for your readers?

Thank you. Thank you so much for all your words of encouragement and love. Thank you for the recommendations, your reads, your comments -- everything. They mean the world and more to me. I honestly can't put into words how much I love you all. It's just one big and massive "I LOVE YOU" all around!

Of course, thank you, XXXataktoulaXXX (aka Maria), for interviewing me and allowing me to say this to them here. ::arms:

21. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

For novels, I'd have to say that J.K. Rowling and Melissa Marr were/are both great inspirations! J.K. Rowling was the author that got me into writing as the first thing I ever wrote was a Fred Weasley one-shot for a friend, and Melissa Marr's works are just so creative and unique that it makes me want to write stories that capture a reader's attention the same way they capture mine. As for a graphic novel, I'd have to say that Arina Tanemura is an inspiration, too. Her manga always stir me up emotionally and they've brought me to tears numerous times. I'd love to do the same with my readers... to move them emotionally, I mean, not make them purposely cry!! ::lmfao:

^-^ Oh, wow, thank you so much! I really don't know what to say right now, but I'm feeling so flattered! ::inlove: Again, thanks for everything! This has been so fun and a nice little thing to do! ::arms: ^-^

And with that our interview come to the end. ::cute:

Thank you so much for your time Kentin. It was fun interviewing you and learning things about you.

I hope all of you enjoyed this interview as much as I did.
Have fun reading her stories here.

~Marian.
October 11th, 2013 at 11:40pm