Real Life is Not a Romance Movie

I'm sick and tired of seeing so many people try and pull off these big romantic gestures that in movies, might work just fine. But in real life it almost always comes off as creepy and stupid. And it's almost always as a last minute attempt to avoid rejection. Sorry, but rejection is a part of life. You need to learn how to accept rejection and become a better person. That's just how this shit works.

If a guy/girl tells you they're not interested. It's probably because they aren't interested. They're not playing hard to get. They're not waiting for you to send them a text message spilling your guts about your true feelings. Sorry, but you're not Ryan Gosling. The real world doesn't work like that. Ryan Gosling is a bad example but I just watched Drive for the millionth time and then Only God Forgives so that handsome bastard is on my mind (no homo). But yeah, as I was saying, just because you feel strongly for someone doesn't mean you can change their mind by being all "sweet". It's selfish. Because you put them in the position of feeling bad for saying no to you. Which they shouldn't feel bad for. If they aren't attracted to you they aren't attracted to you. If you really care about them, accept that and let them move on. And yeah rejection can hurt. But fucking deal with it like a decent human being. Be sad for a bit, work on improving yourself and move on with your life.

The whole scenario where you develop feelings for your best friend but they're not into you doesn't go down so smoothly either. Sometimes it works out okay. Sometimes you both secretly want to bang each other and that's fine. Bang away people. But if the friend doesn't want to be more than a friend, they're not going to be turned around by some amazing gesture. They won't fall in love because you've been there for them throughout their whole lives (as a friend you're meant to do that anyway idiot). He's not going to see that just because his girlfriend is hotter that you're actually a better match. And if you're a dude, she's not going to stop dating "jerks" for you. They probably aren't jerks. You're the jerk for being so jealous and petty. Who says you'd "treat her so much better" anyway? You might not. Get over yourself you're not that fucking great. Same goes for you ladies. His girlfriend isn't a fake ass bitch because he's banging her and not you. Be a decent friend and get over it.

Anyway, this blog was a bit of a ramble fest but I've been bombarded by these situations occuring around me lately. There's probably more examples but ehhh she'll be right mate.
October 12th, 2013 at 01:02pm