Interview: thecrookedyoung

If there is an author that you want me to interview, please suggest them here or you can just message me. If you want to read of an author, you can find a list of them here.

I got the wonderful chance to interview the loevely thecrookedyoung. She is a talented writer. Her stories are Gray., Louis., and Idyllic. All three of them are wonderful stories. I strongly suggest that you go read them all.

So here is the interview. Enjoy!

1. What's the meaning behind your username?
-The meaning of my username is simply the name of a Bring Me The Horizon song. I love the actual song, I love the title. It's amazing!

2. How long have you been on Mibba?
-I've only been on Mibba for a few months, actually. I learned about it from darkaly (the one who you interviewed before me) on Quotev. She wrote Stability and Faith on that account and then moved them to this website.

3. Have you ever used any other website(s)?
-I use Quotev regularly.

4. When did you start writing? Why?
-I started writing sometime in elementary school. I've always liked writing. It's always came naturally to me, I guess. Why do I write? Hm. I'm not quite sure. I guess I just like it.

5. What are some of your stories and what are they about?
-Should I talk about my stories on here, on Quotev, or just on my laptop? Most of my stories are realistic and/or romance. The story that I like most on this website is 'Louis', which is about a sixteen-year-old who is growing up, trying to figure out who he is. He's also conflicted with the religious beliefs that cloud his mind. Whenever he does something or commits an act, he automatically ties it with sin. But then he meets Connor.

6. What's your inspiration for writing?
-I pull inspiration from just about everywhere. Whether it's music, other stories, or just everyday life.

7. Do you like writing original fiction more? Or do you like to write fan fiction?
-I write original fiction. I'm not able to write fan fiction. I've tried, but I just can't seem to do it.

8. What's your favorite fandom to write about?
-I don't quite have one.

9. Do you have any rituals when you write? If you listen to music, what do you listen to?
-Unlike most people, I don't write in my room usually. Most times, I'm sitting in the corner of the couch with earphones in. The only time I write in my room is if it's night time and it's time for me to retire to my room. When I write with music, I'm usually listening to whatever I'm in love with at the moment. I listen to the band 'The 1975,' 'The Strokes,' Twenty One Pilots,' 'Bring Me The Horizon,' and stuff like that.

10. When starting a story, what do you do? Do you use an outline? Or do you just kind of write as you go?
-No, I don't use an outline. I usually just write as I go. Despite not using an idea, I usually have an idea of how I want things to go or who I want the characters to be.

11. What is your favorite genre to write about?
-Realistic fiction.

12. What's your least favorite genre to write about?
-Um, I think that it'd have to be fan fiction. No offense to fan fiction, because I read it, I just can't write it. In addition to that, I hate writing mystery, as well.

13. What's your favorite story to read on here?
-Well, I would say 'Derreck' by iggy or all of darkaly's stories.

14. Which of your stories are the most fun to write?
-I love writing 'Louis,' I really do. It's so easy for me to thread words together and continue to create an interesting story line. I also have to say that I love writing 'Bella,' which is a story that I have on Quotev.

15. Which of your stories are the hardest to write?
-Not really. When I create stories, I try to construct a plot and a story line that I write. Though I can say that there are stories that I completely loathe that I've written, for example 'Gray.' I have such a writer's block for that story.

16. Which of your characters is your favorite? Why?
-In my story 'Bella,' there's a character named Acel. He's one of my favorites because he's such a complex character. He's such an introvertive (if that's a word) but even with that being said, he can be one of the nicest people ever.

17. Do you ever run into writer's block? What do you do to get over it?
-Writer's block is a normal thing for me. I don't have any methods to get over it, really. I usually try and continue the story throughout the day, but eventually I leave it alone until I figure out how to continue it.

18. Is there any authors on here that inspire you to write?
-There are so many that I can't name. I read several stories on here that inspire me and intrigue me, but I never seem to catch the name of the authors. But to make it short, yes.

19. Do you research what you write?
-Not unless there's something worth researching. If I choose to give my character a mental illness, then yes, I will research just to be correct. Besides that, no.

20. Do you like to experiment with your writing?
-A bit. I try to venture out and try my hand at other genres, such as fantasy and horror.

21. Are there any authors that inspire you? (novels, books, etc.)
-Of course! Maggie Stiefvater, the author of 'The Shiver Trilogy,' and John Green.

22. What would be your advice to a new author?
-If you feel the urge to write, just write. Choose a genre that you're comfortable with and don't rush into it. Accept constructive criticism (trust me, it'll help) and continue to write what you love.

23. Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers?
-Thanks for reading my writing, I guess. There's not much more than I can say. Because if there weren't any readers, there wouldn't be a story. Readers are what make the story. They inspire me to keep writing.

***

Thank you so much for doing this. It was an honor getting to interview you.
October 12th, 2013 at 07:17pm