Interview: Queen of Obscene

Alright, I know that you know to suggest authors here or by message, but I like to remind you so you won't forget. There is a list of authors who have already been interviewed, and you can find that here.

I got the chance to interview the wonderful Queen of Obscene. She is a very kind person. Someone that you could spend hours talking to and never run out of things to say. She is also a very talented writer. Some of her stories are French Vanilla, Chelsea Smile, and Alabaster. All three are fan fictions, but still they are really good. I highly recommend them.

Okay, I'm going to stop with the introductions and get to the interview. So enjoy!

1. What's the meaning behind your username?
-My username is from the song Live Fast, Die Beautiful by Escape the Fate. It's an awesome song. (:

2. How long have you been on Mibba?
-I think it's been 3 years now.

3. Have you ever used any other website(s)?
-Nope. I've been writing for a long time but just on paper until my friend introduced me to Mibba. It even took me a while to start writing here. I was very shy about my work. Self conscious even. I've come a long way since then though. Thank god. Looking back at my older stuff, I just cringe.

4. When did you start writing? Why?
-Seventh grade, I think is when I started really writing. My friend got me into it. I think it's an amazing outlet for creativity.

5. What are some of your stories and what are they about?
-I write a lot of one shots. My more popular one are Bitten and My Sister's Boyfriend. Both of them a about Synyster Gates of Avenged Sevenfold. I do have a new story I'm almost ready to post called Innocence (based off the song by Halestorm). It's actually a One Direction story. I am on a pretty big corruption kick.

6. What's your inspiration for writing?
-A lot of my newer ideas are based off music. Music is a big part of my life and I like putting a story to music.

7. Do you like writing original fiction more? Or do you like to write fan fiction?
-I really like writing both. With original, I can make the characters as unique as I'd like. I like like fan fiction though, because more people connect with the characters.

8. What's your favorite fandom to write about?
-I started with Avenged Sevenfold. They are who most of my stories are based off of. I've been getting really into stories about corruption and self destruction. I've found that One Direction (hey, no shame) fit into that category quite well.

9. Do you have any rituals when you write? If you listen to music, what do you listen to?
-If my story is centered off a song, I'll play that song to death. Aside from that, I prefer quite. I'm easily distracted lol. I do occasionally have a playlist for certain types of scene though. Heavy smut usually calls for In This Moment and Halestorm, while All Time Low would be more fitting playful teen romance. That's usually when I'm stuck on a specific scene though.

10. When starting a story, what do you do? Do you use an outline? Or do you just kind of write as you go?
-I like to outline but I tend to stray from it. I keep it pretty loose so I can do as I please.

11. What is your favorite genre to write about?
-I love romance and horror. It's kind of a toss up. Sometimes even a mix of both. (;

12. What's your least favorite genre to write about?
-Least favorite. I don't think I have one, honestly. I have a hard time getting the science fiction deal into words, so I guess that. I can picture things perfectly in my head but can't put it on paper. It's horrible!

13. What's your favorite story to read on here?
-I've read some really amazing stuff. And it's quite the variety. I couldn't pick a favorite.

14. Which of your stories are the most fun to write?
-I really love writing romantic or thriller fanfiction, as well as some thriller originals. I love most of the fanbases I write about so the responses and feedback are pretty great. Self destructive ones, too. I had my phase and though sometimes it's hard to write about, I get the occasional rush. (:

15. Which of your stories are the hardest to write?
-The hardest are probably the supernatural ones (I love demons, vampires, gods, etc). They get pretty hard to write about.

16. Which of your characters is your favorite? Why?
-I do have a new story coming out soon and I love the main female. I am very much for female empowerment (even if it's at the expense of someone else). I like when a girl has the power to bring a boy to his knees. It's a bit twisted but I find it kind of sexy.

17. Do you ever run into writer's block? What do you do to get over it?
-I do a lot (obviously). I have a few stories on temporary hiatus just because I can't get the words out. I just get stuck. With song fiction, I listen to the song and imagine the scene to the best of my ability. I find that very helpful. I'm still trying to get over writer's block. I like to leave it and come back when I feel inspired. I don't like forcing something.

18. What's your favorite thing about writing?
-My favorite thing about writing is definitely making the reader feel something. Whether it's sexy, sad, or scary. I love when I've made someone feel for the characters.

19. What is your least favorite thing about writing?
-My least favorite thing about writing is probably just writer's block. Or when I can't get the words out. I'll know what I want to write but I just can't make anything fit, if that makes sense.

20. Is there any authors on here that inspire you to write?
-I am in love with the author The Mini Monster. Her stories are absolutely incredible. She's absolutely brilliant. I think CharmedLuna, Brian Haner Jr and Zacky Vengeance are wonderful too. There are a lot of really great writers on Mibba.<3

21. Do you research what you write?
-As often as I can, yes. Aside from the occasional supernatural story, I like when a story is believable.

22. Do you like to experiment with your writing?
-I definitely like trying out new things. I don't like reading the same plots over and over again, so I try my hardest to not be repetetive with my stories. It just gets boring and predictable.

23. Are there any authors that inspire you? (novels, books, etc.)
-I love Stephen King. He was one of my first favorite authors, as well as JRR Tolkien and JK Rowling (as cliche as those may sound). Horror and fantasy are my favorite genres to read.

24. What would be your advice to a new author?
-Don't give up! It's sometimes very hard to write (especially when it comes to writer's block). Find someone who either writes or reads to help bounce ideas around if you feel stuck. I have a few people I talk to about future story ideas and they give great advice.

25. Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers?
-Thank you so much for reading my stories. I really appreciate all of the love they get (even though I've neglected a few). It's been hard to write as of late but I've got some ideas floating around and I can't wait for you all to read them in the near future.

***

I'm sure I have thanked you before now plenty of times, but I really am grateful for you to take the time to answer all of my questions. It means a lot to me. So thank you again.
October 13th, 2013 at 05:48pm