Finally trying this out

After years of being a member in the Mibba Community, and seeing the site go through many changes, I have finally decided to try and become more active here.

Hence, this first blog post. :0)

Mibba was one of the first safe spaces I found to write and to read, to share in a world of people who simply wanted to write and share. So many of the people that I've met on here through story comments have been incredibly perceptive and open to ideas. I love to help others grow their writing.

I gave up on my own writing for a while. Even after years of beginning books, writing hundreds of pages of fanfiction, finding scraps of paper and napkins and corners of notebooks for a poem dying to be released from my mind.. I lost my inspiration.

My life was becoming more challenging than ever before. Working almost 30 hours a week during High School to buy my own clothing, to buy food for the house, to maintain and fuel my car.. all of it was draining me.

I thought college would be different, and that I would be so inspired by the others working around me that I would pick up my pen once again. But I tried, and I couldn't. It wasn't the right space. I felt trapped there, constricted by timelines and due dates.

Recently, I have begun to do a lot of work opening myself back up the way I used to be. Before heartache, before betrayal and abandonment, before fiscal responsibilities, before spending my time at protests and direct action trainings.. Before my life became a one way channel, flowing outwards.

I want to bring all of those experiences back in to me, and then I want to share where my mind goes- the fascinating way that my mind works through my imagination, creating imagery. I want to dabble and create. I want to explore what it feels like to write again.

So here I am. Is that what it feels like when you return home?
October 14th, 2013 at 04:03pm