Have you ever met a Mibbian in person?

Some years ago when I first joined Mibba, I met lovely people who became really good and close friends to me; we have each other on facebook, we exchanged phone numbers, chat regularly, sometimes even video chat, and we help each other when we can.

On Mibba there has always been talks about meeting up in person, be it Mibba conventions, or just in small groups. Most of the friends I've made here are kind of far away from me, so it was been impossible to meet up until now.

This past weekend I had the opportunity of meeting up with my sister, moxie;, Za or Lary as some of us know her. We've been sisters for around 4-5 years.

My fiance invited me to a physics conference (woo... fun...) that was being held in a lovely town in Texas; the moment I heard the name of the town I said yes, despite me not being interested whatsoever in a nerd convention (I love you, Andres, but you guys are worse than the guys at comic conventions), because, hey! Za lives on the border town next to that city!

So, I told her and we were both excited about meeting in person, finally. I had invited her to my wedding on November, but that would have been the first time ever meeting in person, so this opportunity was great to warm up because I'm a very distant person when you meet me in real life and it takes time for me to open up.

We packed our stuff and drove for 13 hours on Thursday, October 10 alongside a bunch of guys. We were 16 people of which I only knew my fiance and the Doctor that was going with us.

We arrived to our destination at 12:00 am on Saturday, tired from the 13 hour drive and lack of proper space to rest (11 people in a van and the other 5 in a minivan is fucking claustrophobic). We collapsed early that day to get ready for the convention that started at 7:00 am.

Meanwhile, I had been chatting with Za and told her from what hour to what hour we were gonna be at the university campus in the conferences, so if she wanted to go and eat something at lunch hour and meet up that day she was more than welcomed (I was crying for help because physicists think of their conventions as Disneyland and omg I was falling asleep during them).

Of course her response was to be gentle with her and we compared her to a pokemon in the Safari Zone, you know, I had to slowly approach her before saying hi (Btw, I was pretty much hyperventilating the whole day because of how anxious I was about the whole situation).

We met up at around 1:30 and she covered her face with her tablet and got all red.

Let me tell you something Mibba, Za is absolutely cute and gorgeous and she was the most adorable voice and mannerisms; I just wanted to hug her and not let go.

Att first I was like, "Holly shit, holly shit, do I hug her? Kiss on the cheek? We're both Mexican, we do that, but is it okay? What do I say? What do I talk about? ANDRES DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE; I DON'T WANT TO SAY SOMETHING STUPID." We ended up hugging each other and just squealing. So yeah, I was a bit distant because I was very freaking anxious about the whole thing. Eventually we started chatting and the guys joined in with us and my anxiety went down by a lot. We said goodbye at around 5:15 and made plans to meet the following day and go to the beach.

The Doctor was thrilled that we were having a local with us, so he said yes to her joining us. Za is so sociable and likable I was like, give me your skills, woman. So, the following day after the final words from the conference, we met up again and headed to the beach.

It was fun as hell and at first I didn't want to go inside the water because I get very anxious about fishes and crabs and all that yucky stuff in the ocean, but Za grabbed my hand and we ventured a little bit deeper than I expected us to go. We were collecting seashells, playing football, eating fruit, talking, and trying just having fun.

Image


Ignore my ugly face, focus on the cute girl with the cap (this is why I never smile in pictures).

Then we went to have dinner to a seafood restaurant and my fiance was taking pictures without us noticing, so here you go a picture of me not noticing:

Image


And a picture of Za noticing and putting on a cute face:

Image


Of course we had to say goodbye on Saturday night because we were leaving early morning on Sunday; I just hugged her and told her to be careful and if she needed any help with coming to my wedding, to let me know 'cause I want her here.

It was freaking sad and I felt awful that we only had 2 days to be together because, as I mentioned before, I take time to warm up to people and I tend to be very distant and cold, so 2 days I barely managed to hug her and talk to her, so yes, it was sad.

I'm happy I got to meet her finally in person. She's such a lovely person, funny, witty, interesting, cute, and overall a great sister.
October 14th, 2013 at 05:49pm