My interview with pekigirl

Me and my friend Issa have started to do interviews with all you lovely Mibbians out there. To decide who we will interview, we've asked you to recommend users that you like, or maybe a friend of yours. If you want to recommend a user, or a few, that we could interview you can click here or here. In those two blogs you can read everything about "how to recommend a user" and everything about our interviews in general. You can also check who we already have interviewed, so you don't recommend someone we've already interviewed :)

In this interview we talked to the lovely pekigirl

NOTE: We have some Mibba related questions and some personal ones. The people we interview aren't forced to answer all the questions!

Mibba related:
When did you start on Mibba?
I don't remember the exact day, but I think I joined mibba early in 2011, when I began to listen to Avenged Sevenfold. I was into Fan Fiction already (of other bands) but when my interest for A7X stories rose, I realized that there were a lot of A7X stories in Mibba, so I created an account. For a while I just read stories, but in the Summer of 2011 I started my own, and I've been writing ever since.

What is your primary genre to write?
I'm not sure if I have a specific genre, but my stories revolve around romance, love, and relationships. I'm a hopeless romantic, I admit. But in the future I'm sure I'm going to push myself more and write about other things. Of course I will always have some romance in my stories (I don't think that will ever change), but what I mean is that I want to have more diversity in my stories.
I hope that makes sense because I suck at explaining things. Sorry! I just want to add that I'm not into Slash type of stories, whether is to read or to write. I just don't like those stories. I have nothing against the ones who like it, but I just don't go for it.


What's your favorite thing about Mibba?
My favorite thing about Mibba must be the fact that we, writers, are able to post and share our stories with everyone. We get to share that passion and dedication with them, because I think we're all here for the same reason. We love to write, or read, and with Mibba we can challenge ourselves, we can learn with others, and it's beautiful. If I hadn't joined Mibba I don't think I'd ever have written anything.


What's your inspiration for your stories?
There are a lot of things that inspire me. Movies, other stories, other authors, situations from my daily life, pictures, songs. I mean, everything really. There's no limit when it comes to inspiration, and sometimes I surprise myself with how easily it is to get inspired to write. It's a fun process, and I have too many ideas for the amount of time I have to write. It's crazy, but I just love this.

Who is your favorite author on Mibba?
Oh, God, really? That's so hard to choose, so I'm gonna do what everybody does and choose a few of my favorite authors. I hope that's alright. Okay. Let's start. I want to talk about the first Avenged Sevenfold story I read. It was by the author itbemet. I remember that I really loved the story (When East Meets West) and I think that was what pushed me into more A7X stories. There are other great authors I love, and I'm sure most of the people here on Mibba know them, too, who are: ManicFame, pawsinplay, CharmedLuna, NeverWakeMeUp, age of aquarius., soapy, Beautiful Mistakes; - I'm sure there are more but I think these authors are the ones that at some point inspired me to start writing, and still inspire, and I will always admire them.

Do you make your banners and layouts yourself?
Layouts, yes. Banners, I only did one and it was for my one-shot. I don't know how to work with photoshop and stuff like that, so I use what I know (paint included. No one laugh!) So yeah. I usually ask for help when it comes to banners. Maybe one day I'll try to learn to be more independent.

Is there anything you'd like to change or add to Mibba?
I wish our subscribed stories were more organized, like per author or something like that. Sometimes I want to search for a story I know I subscribed to and it gets a little confusing.

”Personal”:
How old are you?
I'm eighteen, but I'm turning nineteen on November. Yey. Or not so yey. I'm getting old. Jesus Christ.

Where's your favorite place to visit, or what place do you want to visit?
I really, like REALLY, want to go to California. Not just visit, but live there. It's my dream. Many people says it sucks and it's just not as fun as everybody thinks, but my country (Portugal) sucks, too. It has good things, of course, but I just don't feel like living here forever. And I love the American english language. I talk to myself a lot in English. I'm crazy, don't mind. Just kidding. I'm just a little bit.

What is your favorite Tv-show/movie?
About the movie, my favorite one has to be 'The Gladiator". I just absolutely love that movie, ever since I was little. Each time it shows on TV I get all excited and jumpy. Bring the popcorn and I'm a happy kid! TV-shows there are so many. I'm kind of divided between lame ones and others with more action. I like Grey's Anatomy, Parenthood, Hart Of Dixie, Once Upon A Time, Game Of Thrones, Walking Dead, Flashpoint, and Criminal Minds. I guess those are the ones.

What is your favorite band/artist?
Avenged Sevenfold and Linkin Park. They are both very important for me. Avenged Sevenfold helped me a lot in the worst time of my life and they gave me strength to go through that. So I'm really glad I started listening to their music.

What's the meaning of your username?
Okay, so... my last name is Pecorelli. And my friends started calling me Peki, because it's shorter and easier to say. But my brother is Pecky to me, so I decided to add 'girl' to my name to be different. It's not like people call me pekigirl in real life; they still go with Peki. But on the internet, I started to use pekigirl as my username and things like that, and it became very common. So that's the story.


Thank you so much for doing this interview with us!
October 14th, 2013 at 10:23pm