Sexual Harassment

So, I posted a journal yesterday about my trip in which I met a lovely mibbian who has been my friend and sister for a little over 4 years. However, I did not know whether or not I should post about the experience that I had with the only Doctor from the physics department that went with us as the representative of the university I go to; I have decided that I should.

Dr. H is very well known among students for being outgoing and engaging students to like and understand physics. I'm not gonna lie there, he does makes his classes interesting.

He also is well known for drinking and partying whenever he goes to conferences.

Well, I had the bad luck of experiencing that first hand.

During the trip he was either drunk or high while driving and during the conference. The department chair for the university we went to noticed that and, of course, our campus now has this bad image of the drunk professor who is an irresponsible fuck.

Due to him being drunk the entirety of the trip, I had the horrible luck of being harassed by inappropriate comments and stares.

During our trip to the beach, I avoided him because he began to give this creepy vibe by the way he would stare at me. When we were changing clothes to go to dinner after the beach, I slipped the top part of my swimming suit once I had my dress on top of me (you know, like we girls do with a regular bra). Za was covering me with a towel in case anything went wrong and he went directly to there and stared at me and made this suggestive expression while doing so. Za noticed and covered me the best she could.

The second time I was attacked by huge mosquitoes and he suggested an ointment that he had; I told him that it would be very helpful to which he replied "But I have to apply it to you all over your back and Andres has to watch." He said this in front of the whole group where my fiance and Za were. I just stood there looking for help from my fiance and he just looked upset.

He then excused himself saying that he was joking being the creepy old man.

The third time, which made me avoid him during the rest of the trip and not cross words with him, we had just arrived to the hotel in which we were staying and I had my cellphone on my cleavage 'cause I didn't have pockets. He comes next to me, looks at my cleavage, and says "Is your phone on vibrate?" I just looked at him, said no, and hurried towards me and my fiance's room.

The rest of the trip, as I mentioned earlier, I avoided all contact with him. I felt horrible not being able to speak up and tell him to shut the fuck up and stop harassing me; I didn't want to cause a fight since, well, he was the one that paid for the whole trip and he was the one who had the vehicles.

I also felt upset that my fiance didn't help me, but I'm guessing he felt the same way that I did. It's not his obligation to protect me, but some backup would have been nice; even to just switch the conversation or pull me to another place. I talked with him about it after the trip and he said that that's how he gets when he's drunk. I told him that NEVER was an excuse and he seemed to understand, but he didn't say a word after that.

I just feel so unsupported. I mean, what if he took it further? Would my fiance have helped me or taken my side? I just feel like I am the one who's gonna have to deal with this shit and him will only have to hear me "complaining" about it to him.
October 15th, 2013 at 04:38pm