Wants to Pull Hair Out...

D: ugh it's driving me crazy, I am a very self-conscious writer, and Unlike many beginner writers I am very open to constructive critique and have a very though skin. Feedback on my stories helps me learn, grow, and know what my readers want. Even with this, I cannot seem to get my readers to comment. Does this mean I'm doing something right? or does this mean I'm do all the wrong things?

I see about 3 to 4 new readers, subs, or recs on at least one of my stories every day. and a good handful of people are actively reading as far as not disappearing on me when i look at the numbers of how many folks read the chapters. It may take me a while but I try to always reply to the comments I do get for those precious and beloved few who give me critique or tell me what they like & don't like.

I guess what I'm asking is how to you get your readers into it enough or to feel safe enough so that they are open to sharing their opinion on the story? I don't think many out there know just how much it helps us starter writers grow.

I know about the comment swaps, but the auto ones seem to be broken and I keep hearing that the ones asked for in blogs still have the same effect were the comments (some not all) are generic because a good margin of the story isn't read and the comments do not go into what could be improved upon or about whats actually happening in the story.

I'm in panic mode, I can't tell if i'm on the right track or if I need to just scrap everything and rewrite all over again.

although I have to say I love and Adore those who read my Tolkien fanfics because they are very outspoken and helpful <3 and I can always count on them to point out things and such.

Or is it my fault because I don't engage myself with my readers in the authors notes/comments at the end of the story?

Comments? Tips? am I being to panicky and Needy lol someone please?
October 15th, 2013 at 07:54pm