Decided Decided

It was staring me right in the fucking face.

It was in my bedroom, on the walls, on top of the shelves, on my computer, in my desk and I didn't see it until today.

Art.

I'm great at it. And I've never considered art as a career field before because my environment and some of the people in it have steeled me into thinking that art wasn't a real job. So I turned to so many other things that I didn't give a flying fuck about and wouldn't make me happy in the end.

I mean seriously, biological science? I mean I'm good at science but I don't wanna see it and hear about it everyday of the remainder of my life.

Education? I hate kids!

Video Game Design? Okay I was kinda excited about this one, but I barely game, and I hate to admit it, but video game centered careers are men-centric.

Veterinary science? I just fucking touched a dead pig today in biology and I never want to do that again.

Writing? Got nothing to say about this, cause I'm still gonna go for publishing a book one day.

The thing that spawned this blog was me going to change my major from Psychology to General Studies. I went to a counselor we talked for a bit, she changed my major and then she sent me to career advising.

I then talked to this super nice and awesome woman who gave me a career/personality assessment test. She then told me that I was an artist and I could basically do anything that concerned writing, art, music etc. And when I voiced my concerns about finding a job, and how my dad didn't consider art an actual career, she told me point blank;

"Art is everywhere, it's in technology and technology is what's pushing the world. So art will always be around, and anyone who thinks it isn't a real job is close minded and needs to get with the times." (I paraphrased a bit there).

So yeah.

I'm a fucking Art Major.
October 16th, 2013 at 10:36pm