A NOTE ON: Bits of Earth and Rose-Dust

I don't know if anyone who reads my stories or subscribes or anything will read this, but I wanted to make an entry here just in case.

In some weird fit of writing madness, I have almost completed this story.

Yes, you heard right, I have (almost) COMPLETED something. Please hold your applause.

I've always had these bits and pieces, these random chapters, these ideas written on slips of paper or saved to a note on my phone; but I'm actually making them a thing now. All my sporadic ramblings are turning into actual content for you guys to read.

I don't like a lot of it, and I'm nervous about ALL of it, but I am also kind of excited.

When I first posted this story, it was just my way to shake off my feelings about the first season, to even get in some writing practice on my time off from university.

I was bored of Violate stories, and of stories where Tate had a huge redemption. I was sick of the idea that the relationships on this show were somehow ideal, and I was sick of the idea that taking a gun into school to commit senseless violence was a glamorous or heroic act. And yes, I was very much over the fact that the last impression we got of Tate was him being a creepy little stalker staring at Violet through a window.

And even though I knew other people had to feel the same way, I hope you understand that when I say that I never expected much of anyone to read it, I mean it.

The highly positive reaction surprised the Hell out of me. Reading new comments from you guys genuinely - maybe pathetically - makes my day every time. It feels magical.

You are all so encouraging and nice to me even though I might be the worst updater of active stories who ever walked the earth. And I want you guys, you mad reading strangers, to know that I am dedicated to this.

I'm going to finish this story. Once it's complete, I'll be updating AT LEAST once (or more if you want it) a week until you've read it all. It may be a while until that regular updating starts, and I'm still going to be busy with school/work, and ya'll might need to remind me sometimes, but IT IS HAPPENING.

So. Yeah. It's happening. That's it.

As always, please feel free to message me or comment or smoke signal me, and PLEASE - if you are in fact a sentient human being reading this - let me know how you feel.

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL & I LOVE YOU. xo

Oh, and PS: There are three potential one-shots I've been harboring; they're from Tate's point-of-view. They're sort of silly, but they'll be up if you want them.
October 17th, 2013 at 09:23am