Being Single

One of the hardest things of being single is the longing, the longing for something more. I've gotten to a point where I know to be in a relationship is a want and not a need. I don't need anyone to make me feel happy, complete, or beautiful because I am sure of who I am. I long to experience everything again, to fall in love, and have those "little things" to look forward to daily. I long to have someone love me and see me as a perfect person, even though I am imperfect. The stages of the relationships, the dates, the getting to know each other, and just allowing ourselves to fall. My friend is going on a date with a guy I almost dated and I feel jealous, not just because I almost had a chance with him. Because I haven't gone on a date since my last ex, and before him in July. It's been a while and I just want a chance at romance. I want an unexpected relationship to come at me and just make me realize what I was missing the whole time. Kind of like the way my last relationship happened, it felt so right and we were so compatible. I want to be over my ex, because I found the right person to make me WANT to move on. But, it's gonna be a while and being single is okay I guess. For now, I'll take whatever I can get.
October 19th, 2013 at 12:23am