How to Heal

We're all so human sometimes.

I forget that, when the whirlwind of my life is in full effect, and there seems to be no time for stopping to reflect. But ever since I began to slow down and open myself up, I've learned patience is much harder than it seems.

How can you tell your loved one that they made a mistake? Especially when its a spot that is so tender and vulnerable? I hate hurting people, but I'm beginning to understand that there's a beauty in pain.

Its how I've learned so many things, and I'm proud of where I am today. I'm becoming much more confident in myself, and I feel like now I can actually reach out my hand to someone, without it shaking.

This wonder, this beauty of my life- he's going through some very hard times. He's never been able to deal with some of the issues in his past before. I know that he has a lot of fear, but its not his fault. It seems like every time that he has wanted to break down these walls, his support has betrayed him,or let him down.

I love surprising him, and growing with him. I love being able to be there for him by first reflecting on myself. His pain helps me learn, and my determination to overcome each obstacle increases daily.

I want to continue walking hand in hand with him, and to shelter him. And I'm doing that better than ever before by building my own safe haven, and realizing that its okay to do so.

I think we can do this together.
October 19th, 2013 at 05:20pm