You've Got to be Kidding Me

It's almost 2 am. I've had an incredibly long day and am crazy fucking tired. Long story short, there was an all-out volleyball game played, a lot of traveling, and a lot of babysitting of drunks. I'm back and all I wanna do is sleep BUT I can't. Because my LOVELY roommate just told me I might have to "find somewhere else" because she might need the room. What?! I've been gone for the past two nights because of volleyball, and now that I'm back I can't even sleep in my own bed?

Not only that, but I also just heard her whole pity story for the umpteenth time and I'm kind of annoyed with it. I don't mind listening to it, really, it's just that she makes up these excuses for why things aren't going her way. Oh, you're failing class? Well, you probably wouldn't be if you actually WENT to class OR did the coursework on time. You're tired all the time? That's funny, maybe you'd feel better if you slept during the night instead of staying up all night and taking awkward nap breaks during the day.

I came back from a volleyball road trip last weekend to even more irritating news. My roommate told me she made out and almost had sex with a guy who I had been seeing previously. This was a guy who we'd both agreed was off limits because of the way things had ended between he and I. A few days later she was talking about how she just wanted to cuddle with a guy I have a serious crush on. Her reason? "I NEED this, Meg!" Why, you ask, does she need it? Because she just went through this "terrible" and "awful" breakup with her boyfriend--who she was with for barely a month.

I'm just tired of her excuses. If you want to do something with your life, go out there and do it. Don't make excuses to me or yourself. And this bullshit with guys needs to stop. I understand, breakups suck. I've been there, too. But don't use it as a reason to go after a guy I'm crushing on or as a reason to make out with a guy we both agreed was off limits. It isn't cool.

Oh, look at that, gotta run to another room because a DIFFERENT guy is coming over right now. COOL. I DIDN'T WANT TO SLEEP IN MY OWN BED ANYWAYS.
October 20th, 2013 at 09:07am