Stupid pregnancy myths, share your own.

Okay, so, I have a friend who is pregnant. She's 5 months into her pregnancy and this past month has been awful to her because of some pregnancy myths that her family and her fiance are spewing at her back and forth.

There's this myth that if you put a safety pin underneath your clothes on top of your bump, you will prevent your child from getting cleft lip/palate because it repels the radiation from the moon.

I DON'T EVEN FUCKING KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THIS IS AND WHY DOES IT EXIST, BUT IT DOES OKAY?

My friend is like, "Fuck that, mom/fiance; that's the stupidest shit I've ever heard. I'm taking my vitamins, going to the doctor every month, and having healthy habits so my baby comes healthy, thank you very much." To which her family and fiance responded with calling her an awful mother and that she wants the baby to die and if it does it will all be her fault.

Yeah, way to go people, put on more stress on her. Then you have her fiance complaining that she's always sad or angry. WELL NO FUCKING SHIT, SHE'S PREGNANT. IF YOU DON'T FUCKING KNOW HOW PREGNANCY WORKS, THEN YOU SHOULD PROBABLY NOT GET PEOPLE PREGNANT, YOU IGNORANT SWINE.

Now, add that up with family visiting and about 10 people that she loves and cares for calling her an awful mother, that she wants the baby to die, that she will abort because of that, etc and what do you get? Her being in danger of getting a miscarriage because of the added stress of having your nonsupporting family and fiance calling you awful things for not putting on A MOTHERFUCKING SAFETY PIN. I'M NOT SHITTING YOU.

Now they're all blaming her that it's all her fault; her mother told her she does not want to see her; her fiance told her that he doesn't want to marry her anymore because she's losing the child, and everybody is being a fucking asshole to her when she needs them the most.

I'm raging right now. Instead of them being concerned for her well being, they're telling her she deserves it and it's all her fault.

I'm fucking done with this fucking bullshit.

So, thoughts? Share pregnancy myths that you cannot understand.
October 20th, 2013 at 09:41pm