Help me choose my NaNoWriMo story!

Ugh I do this every year you guys. Two weeks before NaNo I still haven't picked my story...at least I have it narrowed down! I really like most of my ideas, so I need all of YOUR help to make a final decision.

Ahem. Drumroll, please:

Option #1: Modern Civil War

This would take place several years after a modern-day civil war occurred. For some (yet undetermined) reason, the North and South split once more. Of course, the weapons were much more advanced and several nuclear bombs were dropped across the US. The story would follow a character who describes life in a "ghost town" located at the edge of a desert (probably somewhere in Colorado). The real kicker, though, is that for some reason, everyone in this new world is crazy. Due to the radiation of the bombs going off, every single person has some type of mental disorder. Our main character would be a serial killer, stemming from sever schizophrenia and delusions.

Option #2: The Man Who Created Everything

I got this idea from a Minecraft-based dream I once had. Basically, one day, a man suddenly comes into existence. He is all alone and begins to "create" the world around him. The setting is on a lonely cliff, high above the ocean. As the story progresses, the MC discovers he can create anything he wants, simply with his own mind. However, he soon begins to grow lonely and begins to create other beings to keep him company (eventually a human companion). Around this time, he also begins to have severe nightmares about horrible creatures. He discovers that he has created these creatures (and a powerful evil entity that controls them). He must vanquish this evil (deciding whether or not to kill his own creation).

Option #3: Daydreamer

Our MC is a young girl who has always had very vivid dreams. As she grows, she becomes more powerful and is able to control her dreams more and more. Suddenly, though, she begins to get "stuck" in her dream worlds. Somehow (probably through an accident or sickness) she gets trapped in her dreams worlds and her physical body slips into a coma. The story would tell of her struggles to return home as well the story of how her family copes with her gone (deciding whether or not to "pull the plug").

Option #4: All-Male Cult

This one is by far the most "adult" of my choices. Basically, a new cult has formed (in a big city, I'm thinking NYC) that is comprised of all men. It preaches the superiority of men and they have kidnapped/raped/killed multiple women. That's where our Detective comes in. He's the top of his game, and has been involved in many, many undercover missions. His job is to infiltrate this all-male cult and bring it down. However, his mind begins to slip as he assimilates their beliefs. The climax would come when he is in the position to rape/kill a woman (someone he knows). Does he do it? Or does he remember who he is?

Okay, so let me know what you think! All comments are appreciated (:
October 21st, 2013 at 12:30am