Writing Contests, Which Types Are You Most Interested In? [Contest Recommendations and Whoring]

I've been going through the Writing Contests thread looking for some inspiration and I'm noticing that I can't get into prompt contests that feature an image nor music. I just can't. I like those contests that allow me a little bit more of freedom and allow me to grow as a writer.

For example, margarine megurine's contest, The Unorthodox Challenge sounds like a very interesting and challenging contest that allows for authors to explore their flexibility when it comes to writing on different styles and genres. It makes you step out of your comfort zone and this is why I really recommend this contest.

Image


I haven't found other contests that catch my attention as much as this one did; however, I would like to know what are your favorite type of contests, which ones get you interested and writing?

On a side note, I'm thinking of creating my own contest to see if I can draw some inspiration from entries. I would like to get some feedback on creating this, if possible.

The name of the contest would be The Copy Cat Contest. The objective is to write a one shot in another mibba author's style and genre. I don't know if I should provide a list of Mibba authors, have people sign in and then create the list based on the participants and finally give a random author to the participants to copy cat, or provide famous authors and take out the mibba authors part.

I would really appreciate some feedback on this. Thank you!
October 23rd, 2013 at 05:41am