Some Reasons Why I Remain a Silent Reader on Some Stories

So I've been seeing people ranting about their readers being silent like having a story with 5 subs and 10 rec's but no comments. I just wanna tell people why I sometimes choose to be a silent reader.

1. Poor Grammar/Spelling.

- If your story has poor grammar that I just cannot see past I wont comment or recommend it. Most of my friends feel the same way I do about that kind of thing. I'm not here saying I've got the best grammar or spelling but I do try my hardest. There are just some stories out there that just...well they look like a 2 year old was the one writing it.

2. Unrealistic Scenario's

- If your character was for example: shot in the throat, hit by a bus, had a bungee cord snap on them and they live. I wont read it any farther that's just not realistic. I just cannot see past that at all it bothers me. I know that these stories are figments of your imagination but, for real? How can somebody survive that?!

3. Female Characters

- If your lead female role is a 15 year old scene girl I won't read it. I just can't see most of the band guys I listen too going after a CHILD with bright multi colored hair and piercings. I just can't I'm sorry the only band that I can see with that kind of lead character is Blood On The Dance floor. No offense to the fans of that band but honest. I can't see a guy from Avenged Sevenfold going after a girl with bright pink and purple hair that has the body of an 11 year old boy. I can't.

4. Whining in the Author's note.

- If you're going to whine about not having comments or subscribers in every single Authors Note. I'm out. I get it like if you have 20+ Chapters and like 145 subscribers and no comments then by all means go for it post an Authors Note complaining but when you have two chapters with word counts smaller then my I.Q. you should just sit the fuck down and be happy that people are reading.

5. Claiming to be mibba famous.

- If you start bragging about being "mibba famous" I'm out there's just no room for that kind of arrogance in my opinion.

6. Posting Pictures, Music Videos, ect.

- If you're going to post pictures that are like 144 different sizes in the authors note I'm not going to follow it or read because if you want to show what your character looks like, there is a little tab called "Characters" where you are supposed to put character information in you should try to use it. Plus I do not need my ears to be burst by AUTO-Start videos in the chapters.

IF I DO LIKE YOUR STUFF...

I will gladly subscribe, comment and rec it. Just stop coming into my PM's and bitching at me for being a silent reader when I rec your stuff and don't comment or subscribe. I don't bitch about comments or stuff like that because honestly. I don't post my stories on here for comments or rec's I post them because I want a place to show off my stuff and let people read them a reader is a reader even if my story just has 1 reader I'm over the moon happy.
October 24th, 2013 at 08:02am