I Was Going to Post a Picture of Myself But...

I got scared at the last minute. That probably sounds stupid. What is there to be afraid of? I'm being really irrational but I can honestly feel my heart racing. I know having a picture isn't mandatory but I feel like I'm hiding from everyone. I just don't want people to judge me. Though I doubt you will because I have amazing friends on here and I've never talked to anyone that's said one harsh thing. And anyone who reads my story knows that I'm overcoming an eating disorder so I don't think people would comment on my weight but you never know. I've been bullied before, on and offline and it always has really disastrous results so maybe today isn't the day to put a face to the personality.

Yet, I don't want to hide behind my ED forever. It's always kept me from doing a lot of things and made me very paranoid and that is something I really want to overcome. Posting a picture of myself would be a really big step. We have to face our fears if we ever hope to get over them. Posting a picture of myself on my story was one thing but having it attached to my actual profile is really scary.

I apologize for that minor freak-out / rant.
October 24th, 2013 at 03:10pm