Why God Doesn't Exist

I don't care if in some fleeting moment of self hate I look back on this with embarrassment. I will always know my intention behind this and only others that understand what that intention is matter. And if you understand the intention but still choose to criticize me, then you're committing a sin and I want you to hold yourself accountable for it.

God doesn't exist. God doesn't need to exist. We don't need god. If god was real, karma would be real, and karma isn't real. Millions of undeserving people are abused, raped, tortured, enslaved, abandoned, abducted, starved, beaten, killed, humiliated, each and every day for no reason. Millions of animals are slaughtered, beaten, stolen from their families, etc. every day for no reason. I just don't think that would happen if god existed. I know that's been said and thought billions of times, but I think a lot of people go into denial about it. They don't really allow themselves to really think about it because they're afraid not to believe in god and its better to pretend that those sick things don't happen.

But they do. And if god existed, they wouldn't. If you're willing to believe in a god that lets those things happen, then I don't know what kind of person you are.

What I believe is that over time, our culture has taught us that we need god in order to love. That if we didn't believe in god, there would be mass chaos and everyone would be violent and selfish and hateful. But the truth is, because we rely on god, we think that we're naturally evil beings that aren't capable of love on our own.

All we need is love. If we taught our children and trusted ourselves enough on our own to act out of love and kindness and empathy, the world would be a beautiful place. We wouldn't need god because our love would be enough on its own. If everyone could just be selfless and treat others as kindly as possible, there would be no need for selfishness, dishonesty, hate, violence, war even.

But I just feel like this world is too far gone. I feel like people are going to read this and think I'm crazy or stupid or dramatic. And even if they don't, it won't actually mean anything to them, much less change them. I don't know if this world will ever achieve peace or love on any level. I don't know if this world will ever achieve anything. I don't get it. We're all here and we don't know why the fuck we're here, so we might as well make the best of it and do what makes all of us happy.

I just can't sleep, and I'm laying here sick and hot and I can't stop thinking about all these disturbing things and I just started thinking of all these things and I just realized... we're too afraid to take accountability for ourselves and this planet, so we made up god so that we could say that we're just the "little people" and that we don't really matter because we're just so fucking honored that god made us, so that we don't have to do anything of importance. This world is ours. It belongs to us. It works the way we make it work. We don't need god, we need to love each other.

I don't know what to do now.
October 25th, 2013 at 10:54am