Positive Feedback

This semester I've been taking a creative writing class. I like the teacher and doing the work and everything, even if a couple people in the class drive me crazy, besides those two, I like everybody. So, today I was in class and offered to read my flash fiction, we had to write one that was 100 words and then the same story but 250 words long. So, I read mine to the class, and a part from one kid who I really don't like and who gives negative feedback to everyone, everyone really seemed to like it. The reason I'm posting this blog though is because one girl said the most meaningful thing anybodies ever said about something I've written. She said she really liked my longer one because she could feel the emotions so much she almost cried. I almost made somebody cry with my writing guys. This is amazing to me. And then this other kid who hardly ever gives feedback was super complimentary of it and said all these amazing things, and just, I'm so happy.

I actually am pretty proud of the piece too, so I think I may flesh it out a bit more and post it on here. It may even fit in one of the contests I'm entered in. It's basically about an old lady on her husbands death bed, and I did it without using any dialogue.

So yeah, out of curiosity, what's the most meaningful thing anybodies ever said about your work? Like, is there one thing that really stands out to you that really meant a lot and stuck with you? Let me know!
October 25th, 2013 at 05:18pm