Fan Fiction and Original Fiction. (NOT a Rant)

I wanted to post this because lately, I've seen a lot of original fiction vs fan fiction blogs.

The way I see things is, writing is a creative outlet. Be it through fanfiction, original fiction, stories based on true life, poems, lyrics; it's all a creative outlet. Somebody has taken the time to be creative and produce something. And you know what? I think that's great, I really do.

I don't see why anyone should be judged for writing what they write. And I don't see why stories should be judged just because they're either an original fiction or a fan fiction. When it comes down to it, it's all creativity; something that has come from someones imagination. And I think it's beautiful. The imagination is a wonderful and powerful thing, and this day in age, people are often looked down on for having one.

So you know what? Go ahead, write fan fictions, write original fictions, write poems, anything. Find that creativity, that spark in your imagination and let it out. Life this day in age quite frankly, sucks for many of us. Why shouldn't we be allowed to use our imaginations to their potential?

I use mine to write both original and fan fiction. I do write poems too, but my poetry is, well I prefer seeing it in my notebook and just showing my best friend. My stories, well, when I write fan fiction, it's pretty much always AU. My originals, well, I told myself I'd never write a romance but low and behold I'm writing one. I also have a fantasy, a tragedy, and one that i probably wont ever finish because I can't for the life of me think what to write next. I just had an idea and wrote and posted it. I'm sure I'll pick it up eventually. Anyway, my point is, you are free to be who you want to be and free to write what you want to write. So do that.

There are a lot of talented people on here, a lot of beautiful, imaginitive, talented people, and they're all of different ages. Some have been writing for years, some only days.

I just wanted to write this to encourage people on here to write whatever they want to, and to be who they want to be... and to remind myself that it is okay to be me, regardless of what people may say.

That's all. Hope I've made sense.

X
October 26th, 2013 at 09:58pm