Interview With dru brings sexy back

Me and my friend Sara have started to do interviews with all you lovely Mibbians out there. To decide who we will interview, we've asked you to recommend users that you like, or maybe a friend of yours. If you want to recommend a user, or a few, that we could interview you can click here or here. In those two blogs you can read everything about "how to recommend a user" and everything about our interviews in general. You can also check who we already have interviewed, so you don't recommend someone we've already interviewed :)

In this interview we talked to the lovely dru brings sexy back

NOTE: We have some Mibba related questions and some personal ones. The people we interview aren't forced to answer all the questions!

Mibba related:
When did you start on Mibba?
I joined Mibba almost immediately after it went up. I'm the 359th member and I joined Christmas Eve of 2006. It's been almost seven years.

What is your primary genre to write?
I'm re-entering and rediscovering myself in the writing world currently. But I'm best known for writing slash fanfiction, predominantly oneshots, that are heavily character-based and driven. I really enjoy this genre and I'm hoping that Ryan Ross's re-entry into the musical world might possibly get my creative juices flowing again because he was my ultimate muse.

What is your favorite thing about Mibba?
I really like the ability to talk about pretty much anything. I mostly debate and post blogs at the moment and I can always go post a blog about something I might not want to mention on Facebook. And then I can go find someone to debate with in the forums. People complain about not liking controversy on Mibba, but I kind of like it because I love debating.

What is your inspiration for your stories?
My inspiration can come from anything. When it's fanfiction, the characters obviously have a part, but that's just a generic inspiration. One of my stories was literally dreamed up. Other stories come from listening to music or watching movies. I will read historical Wikipedia entries for hours and that sometimes leads to something. Writing oneshots is fun because your inspiration is very varied and doesn't need to remain steadfast for a long time.

Who is your favorite author on Mibba?
I don't really read much on Mibba anymore, but I'm just gonna say Isa/The Way. She is still the supreme, in my opinion. Her writing just kind of bleeds and breathes onto paper. Her still is experimental at times, which is a beautiful thing to me. I had the opportunity to co-write with her at one point and it was a very rewarding experience for me.

Do you make your banners and layouts yourself?
Yes, I do. I use PhotoFiltre, which is a free editing program anyone with a Microsoft computer can download. Mine tend to be simple.

Is there anything you'd like to change or add to Mibba?
I'd like to fix all the bugs. I'd like 100x100 icons back. I wish it weren't so dead and people weren't so scared of lively discussion and controversy. I wish the bossman were around a bit more. I also wish people were more aware of the actual slut-shaming that takes place on Mibba so that more would be done to stop it. I know I got a "reputation" over that, but it's a reputation I'm happy to have because I have noticed at least a slight shift on Mibba in personal responsibility for statements made.

Personal questions:
How old are you?
I'm an old fart. I'm twenty-six years old. I joined Mibba when I was nineteen and everyone thought I was old then, too.

Do you have any pets?
I have one bunny. Her name is Rowena (after Ravenclaw), but we mostly call her "Ro" for short. My boyfriend has two dogs and I spend a lot of time with them, too. One is a golden labrador boy named Morgan who is scared of thunder and cameras. The other is a toy poodle named Lacey who loves me to death.

Where's your favorite place to visit, or what place do you want to visit?
I like going to burns with my boyfriend. Burns are gatherings of like-minded people getting together to be themselves in a safe environment and be self reliant. I get to wear whatever clothing I want and not get shit for it. I can walk around naked if I want. Everyone tends to be lovely and accepting and you make a lot of friends and get tons of hugs. There are sound camps and fun things to do and there's always bacon.

What is your favorite Tv-show/movie?
I love Disney movies. I also like stoner comedies, dramas, romance, etc. It's too hard to pick a favorite. So we'll go with "The Labyrinth", "Closer", "Pocahontas", and "Whip It". As far as TV shows go, it's probably "Chopped" or "The Big Bang Theory". I'm pretty in love with both of them.

What is your favorite band/artist?
I don't even know if I have a favorite right now and that's kind of sad. I kind of stopped listening to the majority of music in 2011ish. I don't really listen to my old favorite bands as much as I used to. But I can always go back to Green Day and Fall Out Boy. I also listen to Mumford and Sons, fun., Pink, and Death Cab for Cutie.

What is your favorite food?
There's sesame chicken from this specific Chinese restaurant in my town. I also love breakfast for dinner. And bacon. I always will eat bacon.

What is your favorite color?
Alice blue. The shade of blue that Alice's dress is in the Disney film. I also like pink. It's weird. People don't think of me as a "pink" person, but if I have the option to get an accessory or something and pink is there, I always pick pink. But I don't really wear it.

What is your favorite animal?
Unicorns and bunnies!

What is the meaning of your username?
My username always has 'dru' or 'druscilla' in it and the rest changes to match my theme. Before themes existed on Mibba it would be something like 'druscilla; in rags' or 'druscilla; in love'. Basically it matched my mood. I love my name and I always like having people be able to recognize it's me, so you'll never see me without 'dru' in my username on any site.

Thank you so much for doing this interview with us!
October 26th, 2013 at 10:58pm