Interview: Polka Dot Perfection

I know that it has been awhile since I have posted an interview, but here is another one. If you want to suggest an author, you can simply send me a message telling me who you want interviewed. There are fewer questions in this one, but it's still worth it.

In this one, I got to interview one of my favorite writers, polka dot perfection. In a way she has inspired me to write slash. She has many stories, and I happen to love all of them, but I'm just going to give you a few to get a taste for her stories. Ever Loved has four chapters and should be getting more than that. From Riches to Rags only has two chapters at the moment, but it is still amazing. Acquiring My Mate happens to be a completed shifter slash story. Go read them.

Okay, so here is the actual interview. Enjoy!

1. What's the meaning behind your username?
-I had a polka dotted scarf that was sitting near me and was like well, bam, and it hit me.

2. How long have you been on Mibba?
-Forever. Probably over 3/4 years.

3. Have you ever used any other website(s)?
-Some, but I always returned to Mibba.

4. When did you start writing? Why?
-I've sort of always written because different ideas that interest me I like to write them down and see where they go.

5. What are some of your stories and what are they about?
-I have so many....one is Coerced Adoration, which is about a polygamous relationship also Ever Loved about a vampire incest father/son and a million more.

6. What's your inspiration for writing?
-My inspiration is getting the ideas down on paper.

7. Do you like writing original fiction more? Or do you like to write fan fiction?
-I like writing original fiction because you don't have to base anything on people that already exist and you can make up your own facts.

8. What's your favorite fandom to write about? (Is fandom the correct term I'm looking for?)
-I don't write fandom, sorry!

9. Do you have any rituals when you write? If you listen to music, what do you listen to?
-I will listen to pretty much any music, but I write when I can.

10. When starting a story, what do you do? Do you use an outline? Or do you just kind of write as you go?
-I write as I go and then the further into a story I get, I begin to plan things out so that I don't have loose ends by the finale.

11. What is your favorite genre to write about?
-My favorite genres are romance and fantasy.

12. What's your least favorite genre to write about?
-I don't write at all about horror.

13. What's your favorite story to read on here?
-My favorite stories to read are ones like mine, with romance and those with romance and fantasy.

14. Which of your stories are the most fun to write?
-I love writing all of my stories, it's just about finding time.

15. Which of your stories are the hardest to write?
-Finding time is my challenge.

16. Do you ever run into writer's block? What do you do to get over it?
-I don't run into writer's block, but I do sometimes get stuck between two paths to take the story and sometimes just choose a compromise route with a little of each.

17. Is there any authors on here that inspire you to write?
- I do have some friends whose stories I love reading but once again, time is a challenge.

18. Do you research what you write?
-Not much.

19. Do you like to experiment with your writing?
-I don't exactly have time to try different things (that's kind of a theme here lol)

20. Are there any authors that inspire you? (novels, books, etc.)
-I love most fantasy books.

21. Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers?
-I would say to them that I love them for all of the wonderful feedback that they give me and for all of the love and support that I get from them because it is always exciting how other people react to the things that I think are fun and interesting that I write about.

***

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions. I would also like to thank you for the encouragement that you always gave me when I wrote my own slash stories like Shark and Soul Hunter.
October 27th, 2013 at 06:26pm