The Story of Isabella (My Ex-Best Friend)

I met her when I was 2 years old. She had moved in right next to my grandma's house. We had hung out a few times. In 1st grade she joined Fordline Elementary School, my school. We were best friends. We hung out everyday. But what I realize now is she used me. My mom took us everywhere. And she would make fun of me calling me fact, ugly, ect. She did this for years. 6th grade came around. I began cutting and starving myself. I had depression and I was suicidal. I started listening to punk/alternative/post-hardcore/hardcore rock. She'd call me email and fat but that was all I knew.. I thought it was normal. I had other friends but I had always looked up to Isabella. She starting distancing herself. 7th grade came around and she just ditched me. I remember I had called her asking if she wanted to hang out, she said she was busy. I asked her if she could hang out any other day of the week, she made excuses. I said, "we never hang out anymore..". Isabella replied, "Hailey, we've been together almost every day for 9 years I think we've hung out enough." Her words cut me like a knife. I hung up and broke down crying. I knew the message behind her words. I sent her a long message telling her how I felt. She said I changed. But I didn't change, I was just depressed. She turned her back on me the moment I needed her and it broke me. I never thought I'd here those words from her mouth. Her new friends were Faith and Hailey(a different hailey). And I was left alone. I had always had one best friend. I didn't know what to do without her. I had to keep all my secrets bottled up inside waiting to explode. I'm still hurt by what she did. What happened to best friends forever?
October 27th, 2013 at 09:13pm