The Truths About Michael Jackson

People who make jokes about and claim that Michael Jackson was a pedophile and a freak for 'wanting to be white' really piss me off. It's like they do no research before they even spit out accusations.

Michael had a skin disease called vitigilo universalis.

For everyone too lazy still to research it, the disease was basically charatarized by patchy loss of skin pigmentation.

The following italicized information was taken from a website totally dedicated to this disease.

Vitiligo /ˌvɪtɨˈlaɪɡoʊ/ is a condition that causes depigmentation of parts of the skin. It occurs when melanocytes, the cells responsible for skin pigmentation, die or are unable to function. The cause of vitiligo is unknown, but research suggests that it may arise from autoimmune, genetic, oxidative stress, neural, or viral causes

The most notable symptom of vitiligo is depigmentation of patches of skin that occurs on the extremities. Although patches are initially small, they often enlarge and change shape. When skin lesions occur, they are most prominent on the face, hands and wrists. Depigmentation is particularly noticeable around body orifices, such as the mouth, eyes, nostrils, genitalia and umbilicus.
(Hence why Michael needed so many reconstructive surgeries on his face, namely his nose.)

In non-segmental vitiligo (NSV), there is usually some form of symmetry in the location of the patches of depigmentation. New patches also appear over time and can be generalized over large portions of the body or localized to a particular area. Vitiligo where little pigmented skin remains is referred to as vitiligo universalis

In cases of extensive vitiligo the option to de-pigment the unaffected skin with topical drugs like monobenzone, mequinol, or hydroquinone may be considered to render the skin an even colour. The removal of all the skin pigment with monobenzone is permanent and vigorous. Sun-safety must be adhered to for life to avoid severe sun burn and melanomas. Depigmentation takes about a year to complete.


Which is why, though most just ostracized him and made fun of him for being a freak under an umbrella or sheet, he was constantly under shade. He was 100% more susceptible to skin cancer than you or I are

So you tell me. If you had a disorder where you were turning primarily a different color (let's say black) and that took up the mass majority of your body, would you not just go through the effort to fully complete the change, so that you at least were one continuous skin shade?

And he had the money to do it so why the hell not?

Also, as far as the "Neverland Ranch" he built at his home goes; he built it so that kids with unidealized home lives, such as himself, could have somewhere to go and be a kid. As everyone on the planet knows, Michael was in show business his entire life. He didn't have a chance to be a real child. Especially being the youngest of his siblings. His dad turned into a tyrant and forced him to call him by his first name, not by "Dad".

Michael had damaging familial issues and he didn't want other children to have to live in that kind of oppression. He built a place that he would have loved to have escaped to when he was a child.

So all of the people making fun of Michael Jackson and tainting his memory and his legacy with their ignorance need to stop and do their research before they just hop onto a bandwagon.

Nothing is ever how it appears.
October 31st, 2013 at 07:20am