My Interview With ''jessicarockythompson'' and ''Amysteriousglint''

Hello everyone. ::mrgreen:

I'm so sorry I haven't posted any interviews lately (strangely Anna doesn't post either, yes, that's still the case) but I've been really sick. I've been sick for two weeks and I'm still sick. ::cry: Honestly my luck i snowhere to be found. ::sad:

Today's first interview is with the amazing jessicarockythompson. This girl has 25 pages of all kinds of fan fiction and many of her stories are already completed. You should totally go and check her writings out, you'll love them. My favorite stories by her are, Behind the Lense and A Little Odd. Both featuring members of Avenged Sevenfold.

And with that, we reached question time. ::coffee:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

Kennedy Gertrude Marshall. You can thank my mother for that gem of a name.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

Eh, I'd say probably about two to three years. That sounds about right.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

Nah, I used to dabble in Quizilla bit doing one shots for other people but I grew tired of that rather quickly. Mibba seems a bit more satifying...and a little less glitchy for me, haha.

04. Since when have you been writing?

Hmmm...I think I started with poetry when I was around ten or so for my English class in school. That kind of kick started it and I've been putting pen to paper and finger to key since then.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

Oh, wow. Hmm, well... I don't think I can summarize them all. I have too many stories, but I will say that hey're usually about a girl, my original character Jessi, who goes on this journey and falls in love. I'm a bit of romantic.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

My inspiration comes from a lot of things. Nature inspires me immensely but I can hear a song lyric that draws my attention or see a picture somewhere or here a line in a movie or something. It's mostly just the 'feel' of things that makes my imagination run wild.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

Hmmm, well I write a lot of Avenged Sevenfold fanfiction. Like, A LOT. I suppose I really like writing with M. Shadows. I'm not sure why. He just seems like a big softie to me but I could also see that hulk of a man totally breaking someone's neck if need be. I don't know. Maybe it's just his dimples. I do love a man with dimples.

08. Do you do research before writing?

Yes, yes, yes. Whenever I get an idea for a story... I obsesessively scan the internet for goodies and info. I love posting pics with my stories so I like finding lots of pretty things, outfits and bits to put with it.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

Hmmm, you know what? There are so many freaking talented people on here that I can't decide. It just blows my mind. Friends of mine on here will recommend things to me occasionally because they know I'll just binge write until I get writer's block. Taking a moment to see what's new is really cool because you get to take a look at some of these writers and it's just great. I read a poem once by this girl who was like fifteen and it was totally amazing! These kids, man, they're just great.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

Definitely! I really like going out of my comfort zone as much as possible. Some of the stuff I write can be horror oriented and I love doing that because I'll freak myself out. Seriously, I'll be going to bed at night and I'm shaking my bf awake and telling him to go see if there's something at the door. It cracks me up every time.

11. What's the hardest story you've ever wrote?

Hmmm, probably a short story I wrote about Andy Biersack from Black Veil Brides. It was called Beauty In Death. It was a horror/supernatural/paranormal kind of fic. It was difficult for me because I had to put Jessi through a lot. She had to deal with being a monster, losing her love from so long ago and then dealing with the fact that she was falling in love and trying to process that. I had such a love/hate relationship with that story while writing it.

That or a story called The Fairy and The Giant which is actually a true story based on the love story that is me and my bf, Jared. It's so, so, so weird for me to write about myself. Luckily, I have him to help me with it.

12. What does writing mean to you?

Oh man! Writing is anything and everything. It's an escape because you know, all of us have things we have to do every day just to....well keep on living. It's nice to create a world all your own and just go there for a little while. I know that in that world...no body else is gonna screw with it because, well, I created it! And it can be anything I want it to be. And then on the other hand...writing can be a tool used to get the word out on something you care about. I'm a total tree hugging, flower sniffing, dirt worshipper. This is true. And I like using Jessi as a spokesperson, so to speak, to get the word out on things I care about. I don't think it's fair to preach at someone about saving Mother Earth and expect them to listen. But with this...I can provide a little entertainment as well as help save Mama E a little.

13. About what was the first story you ever wrote? Could you tell us a little bit more about it?

Hmmmm, I think the first story I wrote on here was a M. Shadows teacher/student fic and you know what? It was totally because I had a sub one day in school and he kind of reminded me of him and I had a little fantasy moment, ha! I just thought it'd be funny to put Shadz in that situation and present him with this sexy, crazy as hell student who just wouldn't take no for an answer. It was immenseley entertaining for me to write and so was the sequel.

14. What's the story you're most proud of?

I gotta say I'm pretty proud of M. Shadows (Shocker there, huh?) story Byte Me. It's actually got a few different themes. Basically it's about Matt coming across Mibba and stories there written about him. He quickly develops a favorite author who he later discovers is none other than his assistant, Jessi. The two start a relationship and discover that they are both into S&M. I'm quite proud of it because I really wanted to show that couples that are into S&M and bondage and stuff aren't evil. They just have their kink factor on and they trust each other enough to be ok with that. It's important to me because that's something my bf and I do and we've received some judgement on it so I was just like, enough! I'm gonna make a story about it and make it hot so suck it, haha! He then told me I was being a dramatic. Whatevs. Anyway, there is a sequel to it called It Megahertz that I'm working away on.

15. What is your biggest writing weakness?

Freaking grammar, man! It's not necessarily that I suck at it but I tend to get so caught up in getting all the info from my head to the laptop that I totally misspell words. And because I'm in such a fizz to get it posted....I forget to spellcheck. Luckily, my wonderful, lovely, super-specialicious readers forgive me for it and still give me love! I love you, my babies!

16. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

I love to read! I do...but I'm so much more of a writer. I really am and I chock that up to the fact that I'm OCD about it and am constantly churning things around in my head. It's just a constant windmill up there sometimes. I don't usually shut up unless I'm sleeping, haha.

17. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

Yep, yep! I love it all. I love the mushy mush love fest things. Horror/thriller/slasher stuff just totally floats my boat. Paranormal/supernatural stuff is rad! I love it all and I'm always a sucker for a good comedy!

18. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

It all depends really but I usually go with fanfiction because if you're already crushing on the person then you can relate a little faster. But, hey, if someone reccommends a good original fic to me then I'll read it. If the story's good then the story's good.

19. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

I usually smack a NC-17 on it just to be safe because I know me. I'm usually one to ease some bowchickawow time in there and usually a big drama fest some where. Who knows what could happen?!

20. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

Like I said before, I usually go for the highest rating. I like pushing myself with those situations. Sometimes with some of the horror stuff...I just totally have to stop for a minute because I'm like, You monster! But then I realize...oh the dude's not real, Ken. You made him up. Calm yo tits.

21. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

Anything goes, really. It really all just depends on my mood. Sometimes I like nothing more that a little fluffy romance and other times I like reading about zombies. It just depends on the day.

22. What's the hardest character you've ever wrote?

I got to say. Jessi, my oc that I created this account for, has been my hardest. I change her constantly and that's why. But that's also why I love her. Sometimes she's a tall, muscular tushi kicking blond soldier. Other times she's a short, earth loving latina. Sometimes she's a boxer. Sometimes she's a plus sized TV chef. I like recreating her because no two people are exactly alike on this earth. With my Jessi stories, you're bound to find one version of her you can relate to. But sometimes....it's really difficult to keep all those different versions straight in my head. That's why I have my handy dandy notebook! (Check it, Blues Clues was totally my homie growing up!)

23. Is there a certain place you like to be when you write? Something you have to do in order to concentreate on writing?

Not really. I usually just need my laptop, a little music, and something to drink. I'm not ashamed to say that I create playlists for certain stories to put me in the right mood for it. That usually gets me there and after that...I just look at some of the pics I've saved for the story and let it flow.

24. In which of the characters you created, do you see yourself? (If there is a character like that)

Well, hmm, I'm probably closest to Jessi in my Arin Ilejay story Fall In Love because she's a short red head and I'm a short red head. Appearance wise anyway. Personality wise? Hmm....maybe the version of Jessi in my M. Shadows story tree hugger because she's such a hippie. Or maybe the Jessi in my Thor story, Internal Inferno because she's Pagan and I'm Pagan. But I don't look anything like either of those versions, haha. That's what I love about her though. I like everyone can find something in her.

25. When you have writer's block, what do you do to get back to writing?

I work on a different story usually. I'll circle back to other stories that I haven't visited in a while. I'll pull up those files and look at the pics and listen to the music. Once I start writing on something...in the back of mind I'm letting go of the frustration of not being able to write on whatever was causing me trouble. That's why I have so many stories! I can't be on one thing for too long because I'll just fizz out. Keeping my attention split really helps me.

26. If you were a character in a novel, how do you think you would be? Is there a character of a published novel which could be you?

I would totally be the chick in the scary book who gets killed first because she wouldn't turn off the freaking flashlight. I know it's true. I hold that thing like it's a freaking lightsaber. I'm totally going down first. Hmm, let's see. I could relate to Luna Lovegood from the Harry Potter series because...ahem...I may or may not tend to wear odd things and I'm kinda strange but ok with that. I like that about her. She strikes me as the type of person to join in on your weirdness rather than turn her nose up at it. Or maybe Anne Rice's Lestat. I swear...if suddenly I came to be in possession with all this beauty and sexyface stuff and powers and crap....I would so not be a Louis. Are you kidding me? No mopey mopeyson for me! First on my list to seduce would be M. Shadows and the his pretty little wife! Yup, yup! It wouldn't matter that I'm short! I could take over the world! Raaaaaah, vampires!

27. Which is your favorite character from a published novel?

Let me think, let me think. I think my favorite would probably have to be Frankenstein's Monster from Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. Because you know, who doesn't love a man sewn together from scratching using several parts of different corpses? Nah, seriously though. Now don't get me wrong. I like Twilight. I write about it too but I don't really classify it as a vampire thing. It's just a romance to me. But ole Frank, well he's a real monster. No, he can't wear a decent tight shirt or have super cool powers or a six pack or have the face of a model...but he's my fave. All of the monsters, Frank's Monster has the most insightful and painful story of them all. He's this creation going against everything a lot of people have ever been taught about God being the only one to give life and take it away. His life was just this endless stream of torture. I know for sure that there are some people out there that can relate to this part right here and this has been what's always got me. The Monster was rejected by his own father, those he tried to help, and all his life all he ever wanted to know was why he was there? Which one of any of us doesn't experience that? We all wanted to be accepted by our parents. We all want everyone to accept us and we want to know what our purpose is. I like old Frank because he's the closest to humans, really. We all wanna know why, why, why? And when we can't get those answers...sometimes we want revenge.

28. How often do you update?

I like to update every day with something whether that be one chapter or seven chapters and a new story. With the exception of weekends. I don't usually like to update on weekends because I'm chilling with the fam and the bf.

29. Any words for your readers?

Sure! I love you crazy mofos to death! Those lovely little comments you leave me make my day! I'm always so thrilled you ghouls like the stories! You're all totally rad and I hope you continue to read and I'll continue to write. Tis the nature of the insomniac. 0.0

30. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

I really, really love Holly Black. She's got that whole dark fairytale vibe that I really dig. Also, Lisa Mantchev. She's got a great book called “Eyes Like Stars” that is great. David Clement-Davies has “The Sight” series that's just mind blowing. Then there's Maggie Stiefvater. She's amazing.

-Thanks for this. ::hug: ^-^
-You're welcome.

Today's second interview is with the amazing Amysteriousglint. She works at amazon.com and she's a writer, there is nothing that she wants more in her life than to be taken seriously as a writer and to be published. She writes both kinds of fiction but she has more original stories than fanfics. If you would like to read a well-written, complete, originalstory, I suggest Intensity. Her focus these days is on another original fic named Her, Red, which is amazing as well.

I'm sure you all know the drill by now, so I'm gonna start listing her interesting blog entries. ::tehe:
Living with a drug addict.
Anyone Speak Japanese? Or from Japan?
Kindle World - Get paid for writing fanfiction.
Dating for the Introvert.
My life after suicide attempts.
It's a terrible love...
How can I fake it so good?
I think I have a problem...

And with that, we reached question time. ::coffee:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

Cassandra Jo Gee.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

Oh I think since 2006. So thats about 7 almost 8 years.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

Actually I only post my originals on here. My fanfictions are posted on Fanfiction.net.

04. Since when have you been writing?

I started writing when I was about 8 years old. My brother who is 5 years older than me started to write dbz fanfics and I got super interested and started writing them too!

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

Hey, Red is about a girl with a very fiery temper. She has the tendencies to just lash out at people, and get kicked out of school. It all started with her parents divorcing. But she ends up meeting this guy who is basically her equal and he ends up as her youngest sisters boyfriend presenting her with a very difficult situation.

Intensity revolves around two people; Emmbla and Cullen. Cullen has a very dark secret and Emmbla actually stumbles upon that secret causing a lot of problems and puts her in a very dangerous situation.

Insatiable is the sequel to Intensity, basically Emmbla returns but with no memory of what happens.

Dancing Shoes is my Naruto Fanfiction that I was starting to put up on here but then quit updating it on here. Sakura is a very determined dancer who is striving to get a scholorship from a very prestigious school but gets sidetracked along the way with drugs, sex and alcohol.

Welcome to Fuck My Life High is about a young girl who moves from a very small town to a very large town and enters a school that has all the cliques from all those teenage novels that we read. She ends up capturing the eye of a jock and gets the wrath of a cheerleader, except shes not one to back down.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

Other stories that I have read throughout the years. Mostly because when I was younger i had major issues with depression and I didnt have the greatest home life. So I started to read and they took me into another world. And I liked it so much that I wanted to be that person that created a world so that other people who felt the way that I felt can escape. I just wanted to create worlds where people didnt have to worry about their own lifes. I basically wanted to create escapes for other people. Also some of my stories stem from dreams that I have had or my actual life experiences.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

I think my favorite character that I have ever written is Reese who is in Hey, Red. Along with Gwen. But definitely Reese. Its only because she is so much like me; from the way she talks to her very sexual nature.

08. Do you do research before writing?

I honestly don't think I ever have. Mostly because I only write what I know. An english teacher told me that once. I mostly write from my life experiences. I have yet to write one where I needed to research.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

Avata. She is simply amazing. I love her work. I tend to go back and reread and reread her stuff over and over again.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

There has been a few times where I experimented. But that was when I was really young haha. Those writings will never see the light of say again.

11. What's the hardest story you've ever wrote?

The hardest story I have ever wrote had to be Better Left Unsaid. (It's off here now, I'm rewriting) But that was only because I had never done drugs, and I was too young at the time to really know what I was talking about. I was basically writing in the dark so to say.

12. What does writing mean to you?

Writing means the world to me. It is my home away from home. If I am feeling low I just retreat into one of my many made up worlds and get happy again. It sounds crazy but writing litterally saved me.

13. About what was the first story you ever wrote? Could you tell us a little bit more about it?

Oh my, it was a DBZ fanfiction. It was terrible. There was a lot of sexual scenes. Im pretty sure it was a story full of smut.

14. What's the story you're most proud of?

I'm the most proud of Intensity. But I have to say that Hey, Red is a very close second.

15. What is your biggest writing weakness?

Making chapters long! I can't seem to get them long enough. I have ADD and it poses a huge problem to me. Mostly because I cant seem to put my thoughts together and turn it into a story. But I try to work past it. It just takes me longer than most other people.

16. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

I'm more of a writer now.

17. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

I adore Romance Novels. (cough cough sleazy romance novels)

18. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

I adore original. But right now I have an unhealthy obsession with Naruto Fanfiction. I'm simply addicted.

19. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

I really just stick with R to NC-17.

20. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

Romance and Drama.

21. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

It really doesn’t bother me. I’ll read anything that clicks for me. I do love me the occasional sci-fi story though, and I’m a sucker for crime stories. Oh and I like romance when it’s done realistically and tastefully. Ratings aren’t something that I have a problem with, though.

22. What's the hardest character you've ever wrote?

It would have to be Sakura in my fanfictions. Shes not my original character so there is a difficulty with trying to think like the original creator.

23. Is there a certain place you like to be when you write? Something you have to do in order to concentreate on writing?

I like to be on my living room couch. It is, I swear the worlds comfiest couch.

24. In which of the characters you created, do you see yourself? (If there is a character like that)

Reese from Hey, Red. She is me in a nutshell.

25. When you have writer's block, what do you do to get back to writing?

Honestly, I either read a sleazy romance novel or go out and hook up with someone. I usually just read the romance novel.

26. If you were a character in a novel, how do you think you would be? Is there a character of a published novel which could be you?

I would be the in your face character. The one that doesn't take any shit. The one that is more quiet than the rest. I don't know I want to be that colorful character everyone can't help but love.

”She can’t help it,” he said. “She’s got the soul of a poet and the emotional make up of a junkyard dog.”

27. Which is your favorite character from a published novel?

It would have to be Anya from The Darkest Night (I think, I have to look at the book again. Gena has so many in that series.)

28. How often do you update?

I try to update at least once a week. I've been updating my fanfictions more so than my originals here lately.

29. Any words for your readers?

I freaking love you guys. I do all this for you.

30. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

Gena Showalter. I simply adore her. Ellen Hopkins, her prose is amazing. and Sarah Dessen just because she is so good at understanding teenagers.

^-^ Thank you for interviewing me. It was a pleasure. ::hug: ^-^

And with that our interview come to the end. ::cute:

Thank you so much for your time Amysteriousglint. It was fun interviewing you and learning things about you.

I hope all of you enjoyed this interview as much as I did.
Have fun reading her stories here.

~Marian.
October 31st, 2013 at 09:30am