Recommendations + All Night Campus Write Ins

So I'm going to take a little break from the nano craze an all you Mibbians a super serious question: why do you recc your own stories right after updating?

I can understand if there are no chapters and you just want people to see your story page, or even during long waits between updates, but I just can't figure out why people recc their own stuff all the time. (My logic here is that your friends are already getting the notification for story updates, so it's not like it's getting any more publicity five minutes after an update.)

I'm not trying to call anyone out or be a bitch about reccing your own stuff, I've just been wondering about it for months and can't think of an answer. (Also, sorry to those of you who thought this would be a recc blog, but you know, misleading titles are fun.)

-
campus write ins


So my university apparently has all night write ins on a couple Fridays this month. (THERE'S GOING TO BE FREE PIZZA OH GOD.)

Unfortunately, I bus out to school, and there are no weekend buses, so it's either hitch a ride with a stranger or leave early. There might be buses heading out late at night, closer to midnight, but I never check that late, 'cause I've never needed to. And then add the fact that I usually go to sleep at around 11:30 and an all nighter sounds like a really bad idea.

So I guess my main point here is that it'd be great to meet some fellow wrimos (AND EAT FREE PIZZA AMIRITE) but it leaves a mess of complications for getting back home on Saturday morning.

For those of you who have done write ins, would you say it's much help? ('Cause if it is, that and the pizza might just lure me there.) Don't want all my troubles to be for nought, you know. ::lmfao:
November 2nd, 2013 at 04:42am