Voting

I'm not very happy because I just wrote this whole blog, but opened a new tab to check some of my facts and when I got back BOOM! It was all gone. So if my facts are wrong, it's purely because I am sick of my computer and I really REALLY don't want to write all of this again!

Ok, so Russell Brand and the Newsnight presenter Jeremy Paxman had an encounter last week, where Brand described the government as a: "pre-existing paradigm that serves only a few people" ie the upper class. Paxman slated Brand, saying he could have no say on politics as he has never voted and people have no reason to listen to him. Brand also called for a political revolution.

But, a few days ago Paxman admitted to not voting, saying all of the parties were useless (or something like that, I would give you a direct quote but I can't ::sad2: ) and it has caused much debate with the general public, as to whether or not we should vote.

I'm 15, therefore I have never voted, but I definitely will when I'm 18, because women fought and died for their right to vote, and I think it would disrespectful of me to dismiss something women were willing to loss their lives to achieve. But I also think that all of the political parties are as bad as each other, especially here in the UK!

I have a particular interest in politics and I would just like to know, do you vote, will you vote and why/why not and what is your general opinion on politics today? And a lot of people agree with Brand, that there is a need for a revolution, does anyone on here agree?
November 7th, 2013 at 10:31pm