A Year In The Making

Monday November 4th marked a year that my girlfriend and I have known one another. We celebrated it by spending the day together and going to see one of our favorite bands called The Maine which ended up being a fantastic night.

November 4th last year I don't remember exactly what I was doing but I know I was on my computer and I was probably reading fics and scrolling through tumblr (which I still do, not much has changed) and I refreshed mibba and noticed I had a new alert. Someone had commented on one of my one shots which is rare for me to be completely honest so I instantly got excited. Since it's so rare I decided to thank this person for the comment and that sparked a year long and seven month relationship. Who knew one simple comment on a Larry Stylinson fan fiction would wind up with me meeting the love of my life?

Since that day, Kayla and I have spoken every day, all day. There was a short week in the middle, maybe the end of November where Kayla could only go online at school and it was tearing me to bits because I missed her and I didn't know what I was going to do if I didn't talk to her every day. Our schedules ended up aligning and we were still able to talk (thank god). I got her phone number in December and we texted literally all day and night, while she was in school and while I was working. There wasn't a second we weren't texting unless we were in the shower or sleeping. Talking through mibba, texting all day, and writing fics for one another eventually turned into crushes which turned into wanting to meet which turned into me asking her to be my girlfriend the day we met. (She said yes! Actually she nodded but still, she was a crying a bit so I accept a nod). Seven months later we're preparing to move in together.

When I tell people that we're moving in their first comment is usually asking how long we've been together then it's 'oh that's so early' and numerically, sure it is. But I've known this girl for a year now and I've told her things no one else has known and she's helped me grow to be a better person and she's helped me think of the world differently and she's brought me closer to God and she's dared me to do things out of my comfort zone. She has made me a better person in one year and I can't wait to see what will happen in the future.

I think back to November 4th 2012 and I can't help but smile and be filled with this gratefulness that we've found one another. How amazing is our God that he brought me Kayla in such a simple, random way? It's incredible to me and I don't know what made me so lucky to have found her but I'm so thankful for it. I'm so so so happy and so fucking lucky to have her in my life. It's been a year but an incredible year.

++

Baby, this year has been a wild ride but I'm so thankful we've found one another. You're my best friend and I love you dearly. I can't wait for next year (and forever).

read my babes stories here
November 8th, 2013 at 04:58am