My Interview with ''Canis Lupus.'' and ''colour me perfect.''

Hello everyone. ::mrgreen:

I'll start the interviews with the lovely Canis Lupus.. This girl writes only original fiction and the genre she focuses more on is thriller. If you are into these types of stories, I totally recommend her writings. Her series are awesome so I suggest starting with Bound.

And with that, we reached question time. ::coffee:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

Amy Satzinger.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

Oh, sheesh. A few years now, I'm not even sure of the actual number.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

I was, but not anymore.

04. Since when have you been writing?

I started writing when I was 14.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

Most have dark elements. ::XD:

06. What inspired you to write each story?

Oh, I'm not really sure. Probably books I read or movies I saw, just like everyone else.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

I've liked most of the characters I've created, but I think from 'Imaginary," I liked that group (Cole, Ava, Tessa, Alex) more than anyone. Because they each had a deep story that made you feel or connect with them (mostly Tessa and Alex).

08. Do you do research before writing?

Sometimes, it depends what I was writing about.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

Deus Ex Machina is probably my favorite author on here (sorry, guys!) I'm really picky about what I read, and if I don't end up liking the first few chapters of a story, there's a good chance I won't finish reading. But Machina's stories pull you in right away.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

I usually stick with the same genres, because I know how to use them.

11. What's the hardest story you've ever wrote?

The 'Bound Trilogy'. It was a two-part plot put into three books. I actually didn't think I'd manage the second plot, but I switched things around and made it work.

12. What does writing mean to you?

It's something I'm very passionate about. I can't see myself doing anything else.

13. About what was the first story you ever wrote? Could you tell us a little bit more about it?

Sure! The first story I ever wrote (I don't know where it is, I think I got rid of it), was about a guy and a girl and I think the girl gets hit by a car and dies. The guy lives his life, though difficult, and eventually suffers the same fate. I don't remember if there was more to it, sorry.

14. What's the story you're most proud of?

It's a toss up between the Bound Trilogy and Imaginary.

15. What is your biggest writing weakness?

Probably structure. There tends to be loose ends to my stories sometimes, but I try to piece everything together. I try not to write a million chapters and remember everything about my characters or what happened to them, but it's difficult.

16. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

Writer. I've hardly found anything worth reading in a while.

17. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

No. I don't like pure romance, bandfics, or any incest fiction. *shudders*

18. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

Original. I write fanfiction sometimes, but haven't been. I know it's probably easier to manage characters you know about as opposed to creating your own.

19. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

Between PG-13 and R.

20. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

Usually mystery. Those seem easy to write.

21. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

Horror/Mystery/Sci-fi/Thriller/Drama, with a PG-13 or R rating.

22. What's the hardest character you've ever wrote?

It will probably be the villain in the story I'm working on currently (but not posting). I don't really have anything but his name figured out.

23. Is there a certain place you like to be when you write? Something you have to do in order to concentreate on writing?

I'm usually in the computer room of my house. People don't bother me normally, and I could write if I didn't get randomly distracted. >_<

24. In which of the characters you created, do you see yourself? (If there is a character like that)

I have no idea. I don't really put myself into my characters, either.

25. When you have writer's block, what do you do to get back to writing?

Listen to music. I had writer's block a while ago. But I think it's different when you're posting online. That's easy. But creating a story and characters that you want to publish (in my case, turn into an ebook), it makes writing more stressful.

26. If you were a character in a novel, how do you think you would be? Is there a character of a published novel which could be you?

I don't know. Maybe. I definitely wouldn't be a survivor in a zombie apocalypse novel though, haha.

27. Which is your favorite character from a published novel?

I have too many. >.<

28. How often do you update?

Depends how often my brain lets me write. My recent story Marked, I was pretty good with updates. It's only a 6 chapter story, and it was for Halloween so it got finished before the 31st.

29. Any words for your readers?

Thank you for reading everything I've written. You guys have stuck with me when I didn't think I was good enough, or my stories sucked. All of your positive feedback, and even the negative, are so appreciated.

30. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

Stephen King, Dean Koontz, and Chelsea Cain.

Moving on to the next interview, we have in our company the amazing colour me perfect. She writes original fiction and fan fiction as well. For those of you who like short stories, I suggest to go read Satellite Heart and The Hunt. If you are up for reading a Brian Haner, chaptered fanfic, then check out You Can't Have Me.

I'm honestly begging her to update Allure. It's one of my favourite stories so far, as well as Love Like Winter and [http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/441513/Youve-Become-the-Rain/]You've Become The Rain[/url]. These stories are my favorite ongoing ones which she hasn't updated in awhile. But of course there are the ongoing ones she keeps up with and those are Amicus mortis., The Symmetries of Salem and how To Be Human. These are all original fics.

I'm sure you all know the drill by now, so I'm gonna start listing her interesting blog entries. ::tehe:
NaNoWriMo + Romance in Stories + Homosexuality
a list of active stories + some reccs for you all + suggest me stuff
Sixteen year old me was a joke

And with that, we reached question time. ::coffee:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

I like to retain a little mystery, but my first name and my middle name are Ashleigh Jayne!

02. How long have you been on mibba?

Oh god… too long! I think I’m coming up to four years some time soon.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

I post my Harry Potter fanfiction on FF.net and tumblr, but other than that I just stick to Meebz!

04. Since when have you been writing?

I’ve been writing since I was really little (I used to have a fake writing persona that I later found out was the name of a Spice Girl. Whoops) but my writing was pretty terrible. I’ve always had a huge imagination and so it was more about finding the confidence to write my own stories than not having an interest in it.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

Oh god, there are too many!

I have How to be Human, which is a story about a girl who was used as a science experiment and was denied basic human rights learning what it means to be human (and teaching others in the process), then there’s The Symmetries of Salem, which tells the story of a quirky girl who suffers from OCD and has been isolated her entire life experiencing her first friendship and being introduced to the real world.

After that there’s The Lost, which is centred around a bitter girl suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder who has an obsession with dying (and refuses to accept that she’s sick), and the people in her life (who all seem to be a little lost too).

Alexander: Reluctant Hero tells the story of an ordinary teenage boy named Alex who is (reluctantly) brought into the world of ancient Greek Gods and who is told that he must save the world.

Halcyon is my take on a student/teacher story in which the relationship is developed before they realise that they’re of a significantly different age, and then there’s Amicus Mortis, which is really, really hard to describe but it’s basically about a boy with Borderline Personality Disorder and his relationship with a girl that he meets in a psych ward.

Colour Blind is my baby right now and is a short story about a man named Armand’s life and his friendship with a black man named Lyle, and their experience with racism and homophobia. Oh, and Of Gods and Fame is my ‘damn-it-I’m-sick-of-depressing-storylines’ story and it’s basically a load of ridiculous crap about an ordinary girl and a made-up actor.

My fanfictions are Pesky Little Words, a Marauders era story centred around Lily Evans and James Potter that I’ve put so much planning into that it’s not funny, and Carcass, a short story featuring John O’Callaghan from The Maine that’s about childhood friends who have become estranged trying to pick up the pieces of their lives.

Then my old school Avenged Sevenfold fics which are When I Love You Means Don’t Hurt Me, a story in which (an almost sociopathic) Matt Sanders has an obsession and believes that he’s in love with a girl names Melanie Summers, and The Devil’s Deal, a story in which a girl makes a deal with the Devil (who also happens to be Zacky Vengeance).

Then my cowrites are Panacea (a twist on a zombie apocalypse story) and Love Like Winter (a werewolf story).

-breathes out sigh of relief-
AND THAT’S IT.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

How to be Human was inspired by an interesting Psychology session, and The Symmetries was inspired by my desire to reduce the stigma around mental disorders such as OCD. The rest are usually just from prompts that I’ve seen, personal experiences or dreams that I’ve had or ideas that I’ve ranted about to my friends.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

Caleb from HtbH is my baby, probably because I’ve developed him into such a complex character and I can relate to his reluctance in life. Salem is literally my little caterpillar that I’ve watched (or will watch) grow into a butterfly, and I’m so attached to her (and Reinier, really) that I can’t even describe it.

I love Hayden (from The Lost) the most - even though he’s not a main character - simply because he reminds me of someone I know, and I love Garrett from Halcyon the most because I can relate to his insecurities and his bitterness about the world.

Oh and Alexa from The Lost is just my spirit animal because she says the things that I’m too scared to say and ponders about life in the same bitter way that I sometimes do.

So yeah… I tend to gravitate towards my male characters for some reason!

08. Do you do research before writing?

God yes. So much. In my more recent stories, I even research the names. For some of them it’s more personal experience, but that doesn’t mean that I haven’t looked up other people’s experiences with the same things too. How to be Human took a heap of research, so that one probably takes the cake in terms of this question, haha!

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

Let me attempt to sum this up, haha! I love my friend Raveena’s (pelican park.’s) stories to pieces (I’m like her own personal stalker, I swear) because of her characters and addicting storylines, and I also really like the lovely Billie’s (silk tea.) work because of her ability to create complex storylines. I’m obsessed with my bestie Shauna’s (ignite this angel.) work because of how poetic and deep all of her writing is, and I really love pallid’s ability to create macabre plots. Finally, I’ve recently found a brilliant author named Erin (thewolf) who is absolutely incredible at characterisation.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

I love it! I experiment all the time, though often I don’t post a lot of it online. I don’t like to write the same thing over and over.

11. What's the hardest story you've ever wrote?

I’d have to say Skin and Bones. It was a short story that I wrote a couple of years ago that was based around a girl named Sky, who was extremely sick with Anorexia. It was hard because a lot of it was based on my own experiences and thoughts, and I’ve never been one to be open with those.

12. What does writing mean to you?

Everything. Writing is where I disappear to when the world’s too tough. Writing’s where I can fall in love with different characters over and over again and experience things that I’ll never be able to (or am scared that I’ll never be able to). Writing is my stress relief, my escape route and my way of expressing myself. I couldn’t imagine my life without it!

13. About what was the first story you ever wrote? Could you tell us a little bit more about it?

Oh god… I don’t think anyone wants to hear about it. I’m going to tell you about the first book I wrote as a child (I think I was about eight) because the first one that I posted online is even more embarrassing than that.

But yeah… it was a story about my English writing persona (Emma Bunton… apparently a Spice Girl) and this secret agent going around the world and fighting crime. I think it was based on my obsession with Carmen Sandiago games but Emma was pretty kickass… she fought leprechauns (or should I say ‘lepricorns’ -- it was a bitch to spell at age eight) that lived in people’s backyards and she flew to this chocolate planet and ate a chocolate shark who was terrorising people. All the boys wanted her but she just didn’t have the time for it because they had cooties (obviously). And yep. That was ‘The Emma Bunton series’ in a neat little nutshell.

14. What's the story you're most proud of?

That would most definitely have to be How to be Human. I wrote that for NaNoWriMo last year and I honestly think that it’s the most complex, thought-out and realistic story that I’ve ever written. I’m not one to like my writing at all (ask my friends… they listen to me angst about it a lot!) but I can honestly say that I’m at least somewhat proud of that one!

15. What is your biggest writing weakness?

Writing from a male’s point of view. HOW DO THEY EVEN THINK. So many of my stories have guys as the main character and I cringe whenever I read what I’ve written.

16. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

I’d have to say that I’m more of a writer, even though I spend half of my time reading and only half of it writing. I just feel like more of a writer, you know?

17. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

I think it depends on what the story is. I’ll read anything that catches my eye. I’m pretty fussy and sometimes it’s hard for me to ~click~ with stories but I honestly don’t have any biases. I’ll read 1D fan fictions if the plots are good and I’ll read slash if the idea sounds interesting. It doesn’t bother me, even though I’m mainly a hetero original fiction gal.

18. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

Well, I it’s a tie between original fiction and Harry Potter fan fiction, though the stories about the latter are hard to find on this site! I used to write a lot of Avenged Sevenfold stories but I’ve sort of gone off that recently. I’m definitely at least 88% (can you tell that eight’s my favourite number?) of an original fiction gal. Because I do like The Maine fan fiction too.

19. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

Sure do. My higher ratings are usually due to swearing though. I’ve only ever written a ‘smut-esque’ chapter once and that was pretty difficult, not gonna lie. But I’ll go anywhere from PG or G to R, I think.

20. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

Oh… that’s a toughy. I’m going to go for drama, black humour and adventure with a twinge of romance!

21. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

It really doesn’t bother me. I’ll read anything that clicks for me. I do love me the occasional sci-fi story though, and I’m a sucker for crime stories. Oh and I like romance when it’s done realistically and tastefully. Ratings aren’t something that I have a problem with, though.

22. What's the hardest character you've ever wrote?

Probably Amalie from How to be Human. I didn’t consider how difficult it would be to write as someone who doesn’t technically understand human qualities, words or meanings when I started with the idea but it really is hard to do. I’ll go to describe her eating food and then I’ll be like… wait… she doesn’t know that this is called toast, does she? Terrible example but I hope that you feel me.

23. Is there a certain place you like to be when you write? Something you have to do in order to concentreate on writing?

It has to be after eight pm. Usually. Otherwise I need to be home alone. I swear to God I’m the most easily-distracted person in the world, and so I can only really write when I’m tired or when it’s dark. If I’m stuck and I need to write I’ll have a shower and try to ‘snap myself into it’, I guess!

24. In which of the characters you created, do you see yourself? (If there is a character like that)

I’m probably a mixture of Alexa from The Lost and Salem from The Symmetries of Salem. I’m bitter and have a somewhat pessimistic view on life like Alexa but I’m also oddly motivated at times and excited by tiny things like Salem. I’ve also been through am going through similar problems to them, I guess. Many of my stories use parts of myself or my experiences, but never fully. I don’t think I could stomach writing a story about a character that fully resembles me!

25. When you have writer's block, what do you do to get back to writing?

Get my friend Shauna to bitch at me about it or have multiple showers full of self-motivating chants. Sometimes I read stories that I love and go SEE… INSPRIATION! but most of the time I just tell myself to stop being an angsty teenager and my shit together.

26. If you were a character in a novel, how do you think you would be? Is there a character of a published novel which could be you?

Hm, very difficult question! I’m going to describe myself in a quote instead, which was said about a character in one of Stephen King’s novels (and is also on my profile).

”She can’t help it,” he said. “She’s got the soul of a poet and the emotional make up of a junkyard dog.”

27. Which is your favorite character from a published novel?

SIRIUS SIRIUS SIRIUS BLACK. He is my ultimate fictional crush (besides Lestat from the Anne Rice novels) and I love him to pieces. Oh, and Remus Lupin. (Don’t get me started on the Marauders okay)

28. How often do you update?

I aim for once a fortnight, but it differs depending on what I’m motivated to write and if I have any pre-writes available. I just write what I’m feeling, you feel me? I don’t like to update with a chapter that I’m not proud of and that I don’t feel does my story or my characters justice. Those little dudes are the reason I write, and they deserve to have their stories told with as little grammatical mistakes as possible.

29. Any words for your readers?

I love you guys so much. Seriously… you have no idea how much you inspire me. If I could I would write you all letters ranting about how much you mean to me but not only would that be creepy but I also think that I’d lose a lot of readers. But honestly… thank you so much for finding something in my stories that keeps you coming back. Thank you so much for loving (or even liking) my characters as much as I do, thank you for deeming my stories worthy, thank you for commenting, reccing or even just plain ol’ subscribing. You are amazing. Feel free to chat with me. I’ll hold back on the creepiness just for you guys!

30. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

Stephen King most definitely! I have his quotes plastered all over the walls of my bedroom, and when I’m feeling down I’ll just look them up and I’ll be inspired to keep going. Other than that (and this one’s obvious!) I’d have to say J.K. Rowling. Her ability to create a series that is relevant the entire way through and her incredible capability to create meaning in even the tiniest things really inspires me. I know I’ll never be able to do that but I love that she’s the person that can, because she’s a sweetheart and a legend and YOU ROCK J.K. ROWLING.

^-^ I actually really enjoyed that, by the way! Thank you so much. ::hug: ^-^

And with that our interview come to the end. ::cute:

~Marian.
November 8th, 2013 at 06:25pm