vegas lights.

I haven't been able to update in a long time. Things are hectic, like always. I'm trying to move out of one house, into an apartment an hour away. The traveling is killing me. The apartment we're moving into isn't finished. So we're sleeping on my parents couch in the basement. lame, right?
And while we're in the midst of a very long move, our car decides to fail me. It's been a good car, mostly. Had some problems with it here and there but nothing my dad can't fix. This time, we're not even sure what's wrong with it. It's got 201,000 miles on it anyways, so we'll have to buy another one very soon even if we fix this one. But, we both have good jobs that we like. I LOVE my job still. Been here since mid-May and although I dread leaving my wife to go into work, I don't mind it. I work at Home Depot, in tool rental. I help you figure out what tools you need for certain jobs, rent them to you and make sure you have everything you need with said tools. It helps a lot with learning about all the tools and will help when I work with my dad.
On top of everything, my laptop is broken, again. So now I have two broken computers. One needs a screen then my brother in law can fix it. The other, is just crap. I have no idea what it is. Thankfully I don't have too much as far as personal items I wish to fetch from them.
Been writing a bit more, but nothing I feel is good enough to share with anyone yet, other than my wife. I'm so glad she seems to like my writing, even if she hates to read.
Got family things going on too. My dad's fine now, but he had open heart surgery earlier this year and it was scary. He's all better now, working construction like he always does. My parents are out of the horrid town I grew up in. I'll miss the house I grew up in, but I won't miss the town. It's gone completely downhill since I was a kid.
My sister's in the middle of a whole thing with our cousin. Sparing you the details, he tried something with her once (3 years ago) and now he's creepily watching my 11 year old niece walk home from school. When she tried to get an order of protection against him, we can't find a good address for him in order for him to be served with it. His brother lied to the police about his address. He's living with said brother >.<
Frustrating.
I was hoping to do NaNoWriMo this year but I'm already behind. Instead, I'll work on writing so much every month until I'm back into my grove.
Listening to a lot of Panic lately. I fell in love with them again. And 30 Seconds To Mars.
I feel like a 13 year old again and I love it!
I'm done, boring you with my life. If you read this, thanks. I appreciate it. I don't really have any friends anymore since high school. They all have busy lives that don't coordinate with my own. So my best friends are my wife, my mother, sister and cousin. (Don't get me wrong, they're great friends. But can't express certain things to them as I'd like to another friend.)
Good luck to everyone doing the NaNoWriMo and I look forward to reading more great stories here on Mibba.

edit;; I've been married for 3 years now and FINALLY Illinois decided to start practicing same-sex marriages next year. They already accept us as married (we got married in Iowa, legally)
But in 2 more years, we'll have been married for 5 years and we'll renew our vows. This time with a real wedding.
November 9th, 2013 at 01:28am