My Two-Cents on the whole 'Mibba Ban Madness'...

Hey there...

So this is probably going to be one of those more serious blogs; if you know me at all, you know that I am almost never serious. But as a person that's a part of community, I do have my own thoughts on the whole issue. I just hope I don't get banned(for the first time, mind you.).

I'm not sure what the grounds of banning is anymore, because of all the blogs I've seen but I promise you, what ever I write here from this point on I intend to write with the utmost respect to every single one of you that may or may not read this blog. That goes to the people that are upset for being banned, the Mibba staff that feel frustrated and the people like me, who seem to be caught in the middle or on the sidelines.

Here are my thoughts, and purely my thoughts. Please don't attack me for them; I assure you it's not even my intention to attack or offend any of you.

From where I am...


Hi. Many of you don't know me, but I go by Manbear here. I like to write original fiction, action-y fight-scenes are my favorite. And my goal in writing is to be able to awe and move my writers with my skill with words one day. My favorite part about Mibba are the friends and the kind people I've met here. What I can do better on Mibba is probably update more regularly.

So that's me. Manbear-n'-Me!. A small, rather shy but loud member of the Mibba writing community. And recently, as we all know, there has been a lot of heat about banning and rules. I haven't been banned, or had an issue with an administrator. I am not a staff member either so I can't say I am a pro with the rules. So maybe I might not be in the right position to be saying any say in what I think about this issue but...
To put it bluntly, from where I stand on the issue as an outsider, I kinda feel heartbroken.

I don't think anyone likes to see something they like to be shredded or trashed.
I don't know, I don't intend to pick sides or anything because that's wrong too. But guys, ALL of you guys, I think for the most part we are all old enough to take a step back and take this moment to ask a few questions, right? The right kind, like

What is Mibba, and what is it for? What does this community stand for?

What brought you to Mibba??

What brings you here still??



To me, this is where I write and try to get feedback and give it. A place where I need an opinion or a second view on a little dribble I wrote, where I can go to talk to my friends. A nice, warm community.
I won't lie; I've been cheated out of comments in swaps, completely ignored by people when I try to ask something politely and seen negativity in the blogs that make me all sad. And there more times than often that I get no feedback from updates.

But in the end, it's okay for me because everything is still good.

Got ripped off of one comment but the comments I've received are all great constructive feedbacks so I can still learn and progress with writing.
I get ignored when I ask a question? Well I think that's fine; maybe the person doesn't like me; I rather have them ignore me then give me a nasty comment back. Not everyone's going to like me so I will back off and ask the question to someone else.
And if I'm not getting those feedbacks, maybe I need to work harder to write and post more regularly and maybe I can get there.

While I like this community and have seen the positive changes, there are clearly still people that are upset over things. The rules are there for a reason, and from where I stand I think it's reasonably easy to follow and understandable. Like I'm still here, right? (though the whole pattern of 'banned for no reason' echo scares me a bit.)

I ranted a bit, sorry I have the habit to. But here's my bottom line:

I get all that and appreciate the work the Mibba staff have been doing but there are still people that are really upset with them...doesn't that mean we still have a long way to go? But is it okay for you to ask yourself now:

What am I doing to help make things better?

Because writing angry blogs that clearly upsets people by design, and all the banning aren't cutting it.

This blog was the product of my thoughts and all are purely my opinions. Please at the least level, respect them because that is all I ask. I don't ask for you to agree or disagree.
Any nasty comments or comments I feel I can't reply to respectfully will be ignored.

Thank you for reading.
November 9th, 2013 at 01:35am