Interview with Stag

Me and my friend Sara have started to do interviews with all you lovely Mibbians out there. To decide who we will interview, we've asked you to recommend users that you like, or maybe a friend of yours. If you want to recommend a user, or a few, that we could interview you can click here or here. In those two blogs you can read everything about "how to recommend a user" and everything about our interviews in general. You can also check who we already have interviewed, so you don't recommend someone we've already interviewed :)

In this interview we talked to the lovely Stag

NOTE: We have some Mibba related questions and some personal ones. The people we interview aren't forced to answer all the questions!

Mibba related:
When did you start on Mibba?
It's been a very long time, I can't remember when my Mibbaversary is or anything like that but I know it was when I was very young. I never cared about rules and couldn't wait to join (I was younger than 13) so I just joined anyhow. Haha, I was rebellious.

What is your primary genre to write?
Horror or Realistic Fiction about drugs, that's usually what I write. I also do enjoy writing romance but it depends on what the whole story is about, I only write a certain kind of romance story.

What is your favorite thing about Mibba?
My friends. There are a lot of things that drag about Mibba sometimes but I can always count on my friends to be here for me to make it good. Plus, most Mibbians are just so kind and it makes me really happy to know 'em.

What is your inspiration for your stories?
My biggest inspiration would have to be either my life, music or pictures. I take the majority of my writing from my life. Some of my friends deal drugs and handle all of that stuff so I kind of take how they are and what they do into consideration when I'm writing. I know music is a big one along with the pictures because at any time I might hear something or see something and it just sparks a plot in me and I feel the need to write about it, that's just how I am.

Who is your favorite author on Mibba?
Oh I have a few.
little bird; is one of my favorites for sure. I envy her writing a lot and I get really jealous because she's so talented and makes it seem so easy to throw chapters out there and they always sound great. I've probably read the majority of her stories and I reread them often, she writes so well.

sobre mi cadaver's writing I really enjoy to read. There's often times when I'm reading her works and it just feels so powerful. There's tons of emotion I can take from the writing and I was even more impressed when she posted more works in Spanish! I can't speak/understand Spanish but she translated her stories for me and they're amazing. I only wish I had that talent.

DeadWeather, I'm actually really upset she's taking a hiatus because I enjoy her stories a lot. I stumbled upon them when I was participating in Comment Monsters and got hooked on her writing style. I adore the short chapters and after time went on I found myself writing shorter chapters. I just loved the idea of putting out so much emotion in so little words.

Lastly I'd have to say that Doe. is probably one of my favorite authors also. I don't read poetry on Mibba usually, I've literally only recommended eight poems since I've been on Mibba and to end up reading her poetry and take so much from it, I just don't know what to say. I feel like it's always an exciting thing to stumble upon very talented writers and I'm very happy I did, these writers make me really want to improve.

Do you make your banners and layouts yourself?
I do!
I use up to four different websites and photoshop to edit and make my layouts for my stories. I enjoy it most of the time and find it fun to see what I can do with the different things in the layout.

Is there anything you'd like to change or add to Mibba?
I'd love to add a block feature and I wish that people weren't as dramatic and all that as they are in the blog section. I mean dramatic as in the blogs blow up with one topic every other week or something, it's pretty annoying but I mean, it entertains me to say the least.

Personal questions:
How old are you?
I am old enough to be on Mibba and young enough to type without difficulty. Rofl, real helpful.

Do you have any pets?
I don't but it depends on where I am. I'm allergic to cats but about an hour from where I am now I can stay at this place where they have two cats and I mean, they're nice but I'm allergic so it kind of sucks.

Where's your favorite place to visit, or what place do you want to visit?
I love to visit my grandpa's shack in Jamaica. He lives on a cliff, literally his backyard is maybe a few meters before the cliff. It's just really peaceful and nice and I love the animals and colors there. Plus, there is just so much fruit.

I'd love to go to Brazil, my friends and I are planning to, I want to stay there but they'd like to go to Tomorrowland I believe.

What is your favorite Tv-show/movie?
I love any Angelina Jolie/Johnny Depp movies. When The Tourist came out I kind of obsessed over it a lot. I love them.
My favorite Angelina Jolie movie would have to be Girl, Interrupted or Salt and my favorite Johnny Depp movie(s) are The Tourist and the PotC movies. I've seen the majority of both of their movies more than 5 times each.

What is your favorite band/artist?
Oh I have too many.
I've been listening to Stromae, Made in Heights, and Poliça a lot lately but my favorites would have to be Disclosure, Gotye, Kimbra and Sigur Rós/Jónsi.

What is your favorite food?
I enjoy strawberry shortcakes a bit too much. And Italian foods, I could each French bread forever though. I just love food.

What is your favorite color?
Personally I like every color in moderation, if it's too much of one color I'll probably get annoyed with it but if I had to pick a favorite I'd pick maybe something between pink/red-ish. Or blue/purple-ish.

What is your favorite animal?
An orca or red panda.

What is the meaning of your username?
I changed my username with Brittany after Halloween. I love deer anyhow and the fact that she wanted to be Doe and I was the only person I knew that really used the username Stag, ever, I thought it was good. Plus Stag - male, Doe - female deer. I think it's perfect.

Thank you so much for doing this interview with us!
November 9th, 2013 at 03:20pm