Why is it so hard to be accepting?

This is kind of inspired by Hina's blog about cross dressing xxx

I love the idea of living in a society where we aren't influenced by pre existing stereotypes. There is a family who have raised their son to be who he wants to be. They have told him that he is a boy, but he doesn't conform to what we see as 'right'.

He like to wear dresses and play with cars. He loves playing outside and he likes Barbie dolls. Who decided that only women wear dresses, and men can't? And if they do, they're met with scorn from people. I said that I thought what these parents had raised this child on was beautiful, he can be whoever he wants to be.

And everyone at school said what I was saying was nuts and said he was a weirdo and his parents were horrible for making him go through humiliation. If we weren't so judgemental, then he wouldn't be bullied. If we didn't have a "preconceived idea of what it all meant" (to quote Macklemore) then this little boy wouldn't face persecution for being himself. He is going to attend school wearing a dress, and the school are ok with it. Genders are even separated in schools.

Can you imagine if we had no ties to our gender? A girl could play football without being made fun of (this happened in my school, I don't know of it's universal) and a boy could play with dolls.

Just a random idea I suppose

Xxx
November 11th, 2013 at 10:37pm