Write for yourself

Please, I implore every Mibbian that reads this, write for yourself. I've seen a lot of blogs about what people don't like in stories and I 100% accept their opinion, but don't let this change you. Maybe you have learnt a lesson from these blogs, that's amazing, that's why they were made. But don't change the way you write, or what you write, to please other people.

Maybe you write for an obscure fandom which is rarely noticed, therefore you change to a more popular one. NO! PLEASE NO! Write for yourself, not for anyone else. Writing is a passion, it is an art and it cannot be forced. Can you imagine if Van Gogh said:

"You know what? Everyone hates me and my paintings, so I'm going to quit what I love and start a circus, because everyone loves the circus,"

How tragic would that have been? Van Gogh was given next to no recognition for his immense talent when he was alive, but he stuck with it because it was his passion. He didn't paint to please people, he painted for himself. Maybe this more popular fandom is very dear to you, great! But don't write about something you aren't passionate about, because it won't go anywhere. So go on Mibba, paint your own picture and do it however you want! Who says use paint? Dip potatoes in paint and stamp them on the wall, so long as it's what you want, and it pleases you, that's all that matters.

Don't have many comments? Make a comment swap blog! Message me, I would love to read and comment on your stuff!

What this blog doesn't mean is ignore all feedback and just write exactly the same, regardless of constructive critcism. If you have technical errors, by all means, address them.

I just learnt how to make fonts into italics so I'm really overusing it!!! :-)
November 12th, 2013 at 10:20pm