Dating World Sucks Sometimes

Wow it's been so long since i've posted anything on here. But theres so much going on right now and i feel like i'm going to burst if i don't get it out. so in middle oct, my boyfriend of 8 months dumps me for the most absurd reasons...though i'm happy he did because we just weren't compatible, and though i knew this i didn't want to break up with him and hurt his feelings, he did me a favor. there's this guy i've been casually chatting with for about 5 months now online. I really like him, and he's shown little signs that he likes me as well...i think at least. but he's very private with his personal info (he does stuff on youtube and has a lot of viewers) so he's guarded with his personal info...and people have told me i should just ask him but i don't want to put him on the spot if he's not comfortable telling me where he lives or what his relationship status is, so i'm really stuck with that situation. now on top of that...a friend of my mothers told her that her son thought i was beautiful and that she thought him and i had a lot in common and should go out sometime...then she wrote me and told me the same thing personally. i politely explained to her that i had recently had a breakup and was going through some stuff so dating wasn't really something i was interested in at the moment. she wrote back to me at first and acted like she understood. well a couple days later i got a friends request from her son...i accepted and said hello (i didn't want to be mean). him an i talked a bit about movies etc. then a couple of days after that i get a message from his mother, saying that he had mentioned me to her and that he was looking for Mrs. right and she hoped that was me (no pressure right). then she wrote my mother and told her that he wanted to ask me out...and then guess what? he writes me and asks if i want to go out with him this weekend, to the movies or something and gives me his number. i thought i had made myself clear originally that i would be glad to be friends but nothing beyond that...it just feels like my feelings on the matter are being completely disregarded and everyone is pressuring me to go out with someone who i'm really not interested in like that. now i'm in a really bad place and have been put on the spot...i really don't want to hurt this guys feelings, i know what rejection feels like, it sucks and i don't like being put in a position where i might make someone feel as i have felt before. i told him that we could "Hang out" this weekend, i figure i will try to figure out the nicest way to tell him while we're out that i just want to be friends. On top of that whole fiasco, this past week i was on facebook and decided to look up this guy i knew a couple yrs back (We kinda just lost contact) throughout the past two years i have been admiring him from afar at his workplace at the local grocery store i shop at, he always walked past me and flashed a flirty smile, never realizing i was the girl who he had talked to all that time ago. i have always been too nervous to approach him in the store because i didn't want him to be like "Um...who are you and why are you talking to me?" lol. but yeah, i went to his profile and finally worked up the courage to write him, and almost instantly i got a reply, he was really sweet and happy to talk to me again, and when i finally confessed that i had spotted him a billion times at his workplace (i told him i was really good with recognizing faces) he laughed and said "Especially mine :P" which of course made me both red in the face and rendered me utterly speechless lol. then later in the conversation he tells me he's just sitting at home bored and asks me what i'm doing that evening...i know he was hinting at asking if i wanted to go do something, unfortunately i was really busy that day. yesterday we talked after he got home from work, we chatted for 3 or 4 hrs. he asked me what i was looking for in a guy. i replied that i was looking for someone who wasn't crazy for starters lol, but also someone who enjoys my company and who's company i enjoy, someone who likes sitting back and watching movies with me, and jokingly added long walks on the beach. and just a laid back guy, mellow. well he replied and said he definitely understood what i meant, that he's an open minded, fun person that likes pool, the beach, video games and watching a movie and cuddling *Wink* i mean to say he winked with an emoticon. and i told him that sounded really good and the gaming part was a nice touch. then from there we talked about video games. he's really busy this week with work but we talk online at night and it seems like any day now we might be making plans. I do really like this guy, we have a ton in common and he's just my type. and after 2 years of crushing on him, the thought of possibly going out is a very exciting notion...but even as happy as i am about it all, i can't fully enjoy the moment because i have this other situation going on with this other guy and his matchmaking mother who's practically already planning the wedding lol. i just don't want to hurt anybody or make anyone hate me, i shouldn't have to feel guilty for the way i feel. i don't know how this blog makes me sound, hopefully not a cruel shallow person, because i'm really not that way. i just had all this stuff i needed to get out, and i've tried to talk about this stuff with the people around me but their not helping. so i just decided to let it out here. so yeah, that's everything i think.
November 14th, 2013 at 12:19pm