Blog Number Ten; Words to Live By

There are a lot of quotes that I try and live by. I'll name a few and explain.

1. "Never regret anything because at one time, it was exactly what you wanted."
I think that a lot of people spend far too much time condemning themselves for past mistakes, and not enough time learning and moving on from those mistakes. Even when I start chastising myself for an error in judgment I made, I try to remember that it sounded like a fantastic idea at the time, and then I try and learn from it. There's no point in living in the past. It happened and there's no amount of guilt that will change that.

2. "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Plato
While I'll be the first to admit that I don't necessarily go out of my way to be kind, I like the message that this sends. We never know what another person is going through unless we're told by them. It's important to remember that, sometimes. People might snap at you or something, when you did nothing to deserve it, but you have to understand that maybe they aren't lashing out at you, maybe they're just wrapped up in their own thing and feeling frustrated. By no means to I mean that you should let someone trample all over you, but I do think that maybe sometimes, we should just let things slide. At least once and a while.

3. "Today is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you'll ever be again."
I think it's an interesting way of saying to seize the day. It's also very factual. Life's too short to not do what you want to do.

4. "Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." - Liz Taylor
I think that a lot of girls let things get to them, when they shouldn't. I'm not saying every girl is like this, mind you, but some. I like this quote because it's a woman's way of saying buck up. It's not the end of the world.

5. "A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."
I just like this quote, it's very simple but at the same time, meaningful. You might be going through a rough time, but you'll be able to grow from the experience. I believe it's important to remember this at times.

6. "I think it's very healthy to spend time alone. You need to know how to be alone and not be defined by another person." -Oscar Wilde
This might be because I like spending time alone, but I love this quote. I've noticed in my experience, a lot of girls and guys in relationships become kind of one person after a while. It's like they forget that they have an identity of their own. It's important to learn how to be alone.
November 14th, 2013 at 08:44pm